The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi my name is Dave , I am based in the UK , I am a design engineer by qualification but been involved in classic cars for 45 years. my first car was an MG .. I did my first complete bare shell rebuild when i was 18 and have not stopped since .. Now just coming up 62 i have been doing restoration professionally for just over 30 years . I had 18 year involved with motor sport , sponsoring my own ex works rally cars.. I first got involved and fascinated with the Lotus mark when i was quite young , as most of us did .. However I only owned my first Lotus when i was 28 .. and i have owned one ever since .. My development Esprit,has been with me since 1992. It has had a journey from being a total wreck when i purchased it , though original restoration , then onto a project development car. With over 100 dyno runs it has consistently produce over 400 bhp . There has been some development issues but that is all part of R&D , without those it would not have been genuine .. My family history dates back to the early 1900's when my Great grandfather Edward Lisle designed a built the Star motor car in Wolverhampton .UK . The factory is still standing and is a historic listed building in the town .. I am passionate about the Esprit and what make's it tick ..

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT Dave. Quite an introduction!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
My name is Brandon and I am from Houston, TX. I am a 25 yr old mechanical engineer by degree and work in the energy industry. Since I was young playing midnight club on the PSP, I've always been fascinated with cars. More specifically cars that not many people drive. I've owned two Mitsubishi Eclipse 2G which I've done several enginerl rebuilds on and my current car is a Fiat 500L. I was in the market post graduation for a unique car and settled between an Alfa Romeo 4C or a Lotus Evora S. I'm glad to say that I went with a 6-Speed Evora S and recently purchased this beauty!
I am excited to be part of the community and learn more about these beasts.

My 2011 Lotus Evora S in Starlight Black. I just had her ceramic coated! Shine is insane!
20200904_134945.jpg
20200910_115328.jpg
20200904_173700.jpg

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT Brandon! Congrats on getting your Evora!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
70 Posts
Hello all,
My name is Brandon and I am from Houston, TX. I am a 25 yr old mechanical engineer by degree and work in the energy industry. Since I was young playing midnight club on the PSP, I've always been fascinated with cars. More specifically cars that not many people drive. I've owned two Mitsubishi Eclipse 2G which I've done several enginerl rebuilds on and my current car is a Fiat 500L. I was in the market post graduation for a unique car and settled between an Alfa Romeo 4C or a Lotus Evora S. I'm glad to say that I went with a 6-Speed Evora S and recently purchased this beauty!
I am excited to be part of the community and learn more about these beasts.

My 2011 Lotus Evora S in Starlight Black. I just had her ceramic coated! Shine is insane!
View attachment 1270180 View attachment 1270181 View attachment 1270182
Welcome Brandon! I am in San Antonio. There are a couple Lotus groups around, closest to you is the South Texas one, not sure of the exact name of that one though, but there's also Lotus Owners of Texas, Based in Austin but we have members all over. If you look for that on FB someone can easily also direct you to the South Texas one. Welcome to the wonderful world of Lotus! Interesting that you cross shopped the 4C and Evora and not the Elise. Good choice though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Lotustalk.com,

I reckon this will be acceptable as my first post after joining. I have just began my search for a Elise. I’m a old gear head and have had several performance cars through the years. I’ve always been drawn to small sports cars. I had a Fiat X/19 in high school. All my buddies had muscle cars. They made sport of me & my Fiat until I lured them into the twistys.

The famous Dragon aka Deals Gap is one of my playgrounds. Just minutes away. I’d imagine the Elise is about as perfect as you can get for that kind of tight blacktop.

I still ride motorcycles and still like to ride them fast. I have pins, screws and exotic metals inside me to prove it. Just turned 59. Don’t heal as quickly as I once did. Figure the Elise is nearly the same adrenaline pleaser as a sport bike.

Thanks for making it easy to sign up. Hopefully in the future I’ll be able to add something of value to this forum.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Welcome.

I still ride motorcycles and still like to ride them fast. I have pins, screws and exotic metals inside me to prove it. Just turned 59. Don’t heal as quickly as I once did. Figure the Elise is nearly the same adrenaline pleaser as a sport bike.
Not quite sport bike adrenaline levels but still great nonetheless.

Hopefully in the future I’ll be able to add something of value to this forum.
IMO, simply asking questions that someone can answer or posting simple pictures of wheeled transportation of any type that you have enjoyed in your past or current add tons of value. If it is more than that, all the better.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, Storm Titanium / red leather
36 Posts
I reckon this will be acceptable as my first post after joining. I have just began my search for a Elise. I’m a old gear head and have had several performance cars through the years. I’ve always been drawn to small sports cars. I had a Fiat X/19 in high school. All my buddies had muscle cars. They made sport of me & my Fiat until I lured them into the twistys.
Hi @Trapperj welcome. I am in the process of completing my Elise purchase after years of lusting and months of "serious" searching. I was a big fan of the Fiat X1/9 back in the day (I'm 55). My friend had one, so much fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lotus Talk,
After some serious thought following a near miss on buying an Elise, I'm on the hunt for a Evora. Hoping that way the wife would actually ride in it... Anyway, I joined to do my homework and learn more about the car before jumping in.
Happy motoring,
-b

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT! Best place to learn all about it before you start your search!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
I think I've screwed up my introduction by originally posting it here, so I created a new discussion and moved my words from here to there.... if that makes any sense! I'll leave one of my pics here as I'm sure I'll be posting more as time goes on! Thanks!

20171119_132836.jpg

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, Storm Titanium / red leather
36 Posts
It was a trip neither of us will ever forget, we added almost 3100 more miles to it, and we got VERY good at getting in/out of the car! :LOL:
What a great story! Speaking as a father who finds himself living vicariously more and more through his children as we all get older, I'm sure you dad found joy in hearing of your adventure :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Dave, I live in NE Indiana. I joined this forum to learn more about the Lotus Esprit. I plan to purchase one here in the next 6 months or so. I'm 6'3" so I am looking for a mid-90s 2.2 turbo, I understand they are roomier than earlier models. I have never owned a Lotus but love the philosophy that lighter is better!

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
My name is Dave, I live in NE Indiana. I joined this forum to learn more about the Lotus Esprit. I plan to purchase one here in the next 6 months or so. I'm 6'3" so I am looking for a mid-90s 2.2 turbo, I understand they are roomier than earlier models. I have never owned a Lotus but love the philosophy that lighter is better!
Welcome to LT Dave!. You should check out and introduce yourself in the Esprit section as well.

Reactions: DaveFRC
141 - 155 of 155 Posts