The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Would be nice. I vote for the Ford Mondeo or new Mazda 6 (same platform).
Wouldn't that be a mazdaspeed6?

edit: I guess it'd probably have a good bit more power, hopefuly better suspension- the speed6 was not very well recieved, at least in comparison with the speed 3.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wouldn't that be a mazdaspeed6?

edit: I guess it'd probably have a good bit more power, hopefuly better suspension- the speed6 was not very well recieved, at least in comparison with the speed 3.
There is no speed6 of the new car planned at this point for the US. A MPS version is rumored.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is no speed6 of the new car planned at this point for the US. A MPS version is rumored.
AH, I'd missed the "new" in the mazda6 mention in the first post. I forgot that there was a new generation on the way.
Sounds like the next speed will probably be a mx-5 though, ought to be one fun little car.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i would bet with the new platform, they can build their own sports sedan from the ground up. forget simply 'tuning' an existing car.

put the Evora "S" blown V6 into it, keep it light(er) weight, yet with 4 real doors and you'll have a line so long for this sedan, it'll make the upcoming Audi RS6 sedan seem like a fat, mass produced Camry.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AH, I'd missed the "new" in the mazda6 mention in the first post. I forgot that there was a new generation on the way.
Sounds like the next speed will probably be a mx-5 though, ought to be one fun little car.
No Speed MX5. It was just announced this week to the shock of everyone in the Mazda community (I sell Mazdas now).

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What? WHY??? :eek::eek:
I'm going to aasume you mean why is there no Speed MX-5 being built not why am I selling Mazdas now.............

They are having a problem fitting the head of the 2.3 into the Miata when they change the direction of the engine for a RWD application.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm going to aasume you mean why is there no Speed MX-5 being built not why am I selling Mazdas now.............

They are having a problem fitting the head of the 2.3 into the Miata when they change the direction of the engine for a RWD application.
:eek::(
I'd heard rumors of a 2.0 disi also, is this not happening either?

Also, is this why it seems there might be a run of re-badged 2008.5 speed3s sold as 2009s?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:eek::(
I'd heard rumors of a 2.0 disi also, is this not happening either?

Also, is this why it seems there might be a run of re-badged 2008.5 speed3s sold as 2009s?
I've heard nothing about a 2.0 disi but it sounds possible esspecially with the new 3 being shown in November at LA.

The 2009 Speed 3 orders were due in last week and the last of them are due here by November with the last of the current gen HB. 2009 will be a short MY with 2010 arriving in 2nd quarter 2009. There were no changes in the Speed 3 for 2009. There are no plans for a 2010 Speed 3.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

Yes, that's what I meant :)

Bummer! :sad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts