The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a way to run an RCA from the radio to the back of my seat. Its clear to me now that the bottom area ( ac controls ) and the top section ( radio ) are separated by a bench. Short of drilling a hold, I dont see down as a lucrative direction.

The other option I saw was across the airbag and down the sill. Though I read removing the air bag brakes clips and they will need replacing. That is all well but what clips and where to get them was not mentioned?

What have some of you done if this was needed on your end.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Run it down the center through the shifter into the bulkhead. That is how I ran a rear view camera from the rear clam to the headunit.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I seem to remember that mine run down the center but I cannot remember how I got them there. That was the shortest route to behind the seat and then I used the same method when I moved the amp to the trunk.

I wish I was more help but I guess that I run wires in cars every day so this wasn't memorable enough.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow I can not for the life of my see a hole. Ill take a few snaps.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you can make this out, limited space for images. Let me know if I should pan left or right.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You can run the wire behind the airbag cover using a flexible grabbing tool, just have to be careful of the routing. If you take off the passenger side access cover (the one to the right of the airbag cover, two screws) you can tape the lead you want to run to the flexible tool and then you should see a channel in the aluminum right underneath the airbag cover. Just look behind the access panel and it will make sense. This channel will run you into the vicinity behind the radio. Hope this helps.

Later
Corvus

·
Registered
676 Posts
I ran my speaker wires through the sides under the side carpetting

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a bendable grabber but again I see no way to stick it up i to that area. Can anyone draw a circle on my image?

As for the airbag suggestion, I agree it would be a snap, bu what about this tabs breaking off ad needing to replace them? I read you just pull the airbag cover towards and to get it off but tabs need to be replaced to get it back on.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I'm defaulting to Corvus' description. This sounds familiar. I do have the JL Stealthbox but it's so tight that I don't think I hid anything behind it. I don't have any carpet to hide wire under so I had to use the center run.

If you pull the passenger airbag cover, any of the lotus dealers can get them. I grabbed mine from GatorMS and ordered a few sets.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you take off the passenger side access cover (the one to the right of the airbag cover, two screws)
I can try that.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that got it thx guys!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Oops i forgot to mention i ran my rca via center console. I bought those 9 wire audio cables so that it didnt use much room. I ran it up through the passenger side(there is some space to get to dash. You can simply open the cubby (no need to remove airbag cover and break tabs) theres a channel in the aluminum that snakes under the airbag or u can run it behind the airbag to the radio. For the wire from the center console to the side, just zip tie it out of sight ( mine is behind stealthbox)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Good Deal, Ulao. I've used this method a couple of times with success. It wouldn't be so bad replacing the air bag clips, but they are at least five to seven bucks a pop and there are four of them.

Later
Corvus

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah I ended up going to the right behind the air bag, then down the sill. Case closed ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts