The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background, I have a 2011 with a BOE tune, headers, etc... I garage my car this fall with a full tank of Tier 1 fuel and never got around to adding gas stabilizer. A couple of weeks ago, I changed the oil and I finally drove it on Saturday. After about 30 minutes, I hard launched it and it ran great. As soon as I went back to cruising, it ran awful. A couple of miles down the road I got a P0302 (#2 misfire) and the corresponding P1302 for the cat with limp mode and the smell of old gas. Hoping that it was a coil problem, I swapped 2 with 4, reset the codes, and then drove it on Sunday with several restarts (since the TSM says 2 trips or more). It still ran like garbage, but I couldn't get the check engine light to light up again. At this point, I don't know if I need any troubleshooting help, but I am going to try to clean the throttle connection and I've siphoned out about 5 gallons of gas to try to get some fresh gas in there, but I keep thinking that if it's bad gas, I would get all the P030#'s. I probably can't get back to playing around with the car for a couple of weeks, but I'll update this when I do. I guess this post is just a heads up or therapy, lol. I guess I shouldn't have thought that I should sell it since I don't drive it, the car gods always get you.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
I dunno, while that is a long layover, with a sealed system I would not think the gas would be unusable. I started a[non computerized] car with ~5 year old gas and it was fine.
I might not be right, but it ought to run

Coincidences are the bane of my automotive life.
Do these symptoms line up with the harness issues that vintage evora had?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a great question on the harness. I hope not!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it might be harness, anyone have LSL636 by chance? It's FITMENT GUIDE-ENGINE HARNESS

·
Maniacal Motorist
102 Posts
I hate to say it, but my '11 Evora S with the BOE Chargecooler and headers (and tune) has been diagnosed with a blown engine on cylinders 2,4,6. Compression was 70, 120 50.

My shop is speculating a tune problem. Since the files are encoded, they're sending it to a guy who can open the ECU and look at it forensically.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally took a look this weekend. Cleaned the MAF and it's runs great. Really weird how the MAF causes a single cylinder misfire but doesn't set a check engine for the MAF. You would think you would get P0101-4.
I did purchase LSL636 and posted it to in the Evora How to Section -
Lotus Evora Docs - Service Notes, Owner's Manuals, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts