The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,just a bit concerned on what is a normal running temp,and living in australia is quite a bit warmer.i have a 2002 ,k rover engine elise,replaced the original radiator for a exige monza(2005)
when running around town varies between 88 to 94, but in traffic occasionally goes upto 102 then the fan kicks in and brings it down to 98.is this normal ,is there any risk of hgf,would it be worth putting in a remote thermostat

cheers darren

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Not sure how much help you will get on this site with the Rover Engine. 99.9% of the cars sold here have the Toyota power plant. You might try Seloc.org instead. 102C (216F) seems a little high, but what was the air temp when you see this?

On my Elise (1.8L Toyota) I have seen 96C on mine in the middle of summer with the air temps around 35C. I imagine you could be seeing air temps around 40C right?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
when running around town varies between 88 to 94, but in traffic occasionally goes upto 102 then the fan kicks in and brings it down to 98.is this normal
100% absolytely normal.

Rover K-series ECU enables the fan at 102 degrees C

,is there any risk of hgf,would it be worth putting in a remote thermostat
It's always a good idea on the Rover to install a remote T-stat. Best solution is the PRT setup now sold by LandRover.

PTP in the UK has now made an Elise version with the right pipes.

Look here for more info:

http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Fit_a_PRRT

Bye, Arno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts