The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted my hubs... Might be a bit bright but add break dust and I hope they will be good...

All I used was etching primer and engin enamel.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few more

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Perhaps black would look more natural.....

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I did the same using plastikote silver brake caliper spray! Makes a world of difference! Looks great! I was so upset picking up a brandnew elise in 06 with rusty hubs! Hasn't lotus heard of cad plating? I'm sure the weight is negligable.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I did the same thing. Rusted rotors is a turn off :D

I sprayed the entire rotor black though. No need to mask it off. First time you step on your brakes it takes it right off.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Dang it another thing to do. I don't know why I did not think to do this went I painted the calipers.

I don't think I would spray the entire rotor as they are drilled. What gets the paint out of the holes?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Zach - did you put your car on jack stands and do all 4 wheels at once?

·
Vendor
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I should...I now have 2 wheels done is Silver, the other two done in black. Did that to see what i liked better. After looking at it, I am going to paint over the silver ones.

Post picks soon !

Z

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks to the OP for sharing and showing. I did the same in silver. I like the silver for my stock silver wheels. I also painted my rusty lug nuts in black. My calipers were painted by the dealer in black from the previous owner.

Rusty hub

I used purple power rust treater/remover before etching/priming and painting

pic after purple power rust treatment

prep work

after painting hub

happy with the result:D

Since the car was on stands with wheels off, I flushed my brake/clutch fluid since it was nearing time to do them anyway. Also cleaned out the wheel wells and inside the wheels

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I used some cold galv and black high temp paint I had laying around. Both can be picked up anywhere that sells spray paint. It's held up great since I did it. Rusty rotors are yucky :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts