The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I've noticed on the dyno sheets: The standard Elise is putting out about 160-165 rwhp even though the factory rates the car at 190hp (bhp?).

These same cars are putting out a solid 220-225 rwhp when fitted with a Katana supercharger kit and tested on the same dyno.

Which begs the question: How much power does the factory Elise SC220 really put out in rwhp terms? 200? Anybody with an SC220 have a dyno sheet?

I'm just weighing pros and cons of the new factory conversion on offer vs. the Katana or BWR kit.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The difference between rwhp and rated engine power is 25 for the base engine. I think it is safe to assume that will be the same difference with a supercharger added.

So, 195 rwhp for an SC Elise from the factory is my guess.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You'll find more info in the forced induction forum.

In short: if you want the factory warranty get the factory option. If you're interested in performance or value go aftermarket. Check the stickied thread in the forced induction forum for thoughts on which system to go with.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You'll find more info in the forced induction forum.

In short: if you want the factory warranty get the factory option. If you're interested in performance or value go aftermarket. Check the stickied thread in the forced induction forum for thoughts on which system to go with.
Okay, did a quick overview of the Forced Induction sticky. Seems there still isn't verified dyno data on the factory SC, but the assumptions are reasonable. So now the loaded question:

How many of you have had an aftermarket supercharger go boom? Holed piston? Burnt valve? What were the circumstances?

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I have the BWR which last dyno'd on Dynojet at 227 RWHP and about 148 tq.

I did have issues with oil starvation costing me a new short block, but that was Not due to the S/C - although S/C will amplify an inherent engine problem.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

Okay, did a quick overview of the Forced Induction sticky. Seems there still isn't verified dyno data on the factory SC, but the assumptions are reasonable. So now the loaded question:

How many of you have had an aftermarket supercharger go boom? Holed piston? Burnt valve? What were the circumstances?

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
^+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts