The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is at the dealer waiting for a clear bra installation on Friday.
2012 S 2+0 Carbon Grey with Venom Red.
I went with the gray 19/20 wheels, tech and premium sport packs.

Impressions so far: :drool:
The exhaust note is quite yummy!

I'm really happy that my dealer was able to put in the request for the dark headliner and have it put on my car. Thanks to JAWS, too, for pointing it out that it's available in one of the evora threads here.

Strangely enough the car isn't equipped with a dead pedal. I'll have to go aftermarket and grab the s111 footrest and get it installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Congrats!

Good move on the headliner. The posts on either side of the windscreen would have looked weird in the lighter color.

I don't miss a dead pedal at all.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Love the Venom Red interior:drool:
Great choice on the dark headliner. I had mine changed out by a local shop to dark SuedeTex and makes all the difference in the interior.

Carbon is awesome, looks very sophisticated.
love the wheels, they really fill up the wells.

When I got looking at colors I asked my wife what see thought of the colors I was looking at (red and carbon)
She likened the red to a hot young thing in a tight red dress
She said the Carbon was all Tux and Tails

I went with the tux and tails too:clap:
but htere is nothing wrong with a hot young thing in a red dress:D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
looks great! did he get any other 12s in with it? I might have to swing by again!

the new dark aluminum/headliner and venom red/carbon gray color combo is very nice..and the 12 interiors are very nice! they also did the exhaust right finally, much more aggressive! hope to see you out and out about one of these weeks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congrats - beautiful!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

I'm really happy that my dealer was able to put in the request for the dark headliner and have it put on my car. Thanks to JAWS, too, for pointing it out that it's available in one of the evora threads here.

Strangely enough the car isn't equipped with a dead pedal. I'll have to go aftermarket and grab the s111 footrest and get it installed.
Wow!! What a beautiful "S", how long did you have to wait for your car?
My car was from late April - early October (and that was includeing 90 days in transit), without a factory shut down.
It is also great to see a 2012 "S" with a stick, and not a IPS. Great choice with the color and options.
Ron:clap:

·
Registered
200 Posts
:up: The colour combination looks really good!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! It's been a long wait. Deposit was placed in Sept. '11. Car was built Jan '12. The shut down probably delayed the car 2 months or so.

My car came with a MY12 AW/Blue IPS car. The blue interior is very nice!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are you sure it was built in January, because it has the later floor mats and doesn't look like it has CDL pins?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Are you sure it was built in January, because it has the later floor mats and doesn't look like it has CDL pins?
It's a January '12 build and it has the mats that have pins on the floor that you twist to secure.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
God I LOVE that red interior. HOT!!!! Can someone please briefly educate me about the darker headliner? Is that a no cost option when ordering a new Evora?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
About the headliner: I believe it is standard on non-federal Evora S cars. I asked Abe if he could make a note about the headliner when my order was placed to Lotus.

Interesting point about the floor mats. They have Evora printed on them as opposed to the Lotus roundel.
It has the door locking pins. They're black, like the rest of the interior trim.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful . I thought I would hate the lack of a dead pedal, but I do not miss it now. I think the dead pedal may be a problem for me if it was there- not really room for it, but I am use to making adjustments.:clap::clap:

·
Registered
881 Posts
what is near the rear view mirror?

What is the small microphone shaped thing near the rear view mirror? I've been wondering as my car has the same thing.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I believe it's the mic for the bluetooth phone connection.
Yep. Microphone.

At Goodwood I sat in a right hand drive 2012 Evora, IPS. Was struck by how much bigger the interior felt without shift lever. And how much roomier for the left foot. No rest at all, could get up under the console.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts