The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have just bought a S1 Elise and I would like to modify it slightly. I am interested in brake and engine mods mostly, I really only want to make factory approved mods in order to keep it as original as possible.
I have heard that there is a 190bhp upgrade? Is that right and if so is it worth doing?
Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

J

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...there are very few S1 owners here on lotustalk - you might find better luck visiting SELOC instead...that said, yes, lotus did release a 192 bhp variant of the k-series rover powerplant, although i'm unfamiliar with the extent of tuning work done to that model...

...honda K20 engine swaps are very popular in S1 cars to push power higher, but of course there's nothing remotely stock about that modification...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi All
I have just bought a S1 Elise and I would like to modify it slightly. I am interested in brake and engine mods mostly, I really only want to make factory approved mods in order to keep it as original as possible.
I have heard that there is a 190bhp upgrade? Is that right and if so is it worth doing?
Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

J
Lotus offered an S1 Sport 190 model, which included the Rover 190 bhp engine, among many other changes from the regular S1. But the 190 bhp engine was not offered as a separate upgrade. Your best information reference is the Lotus S1 Service Notes binder, which contains a separate section on the Sport 190.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts