The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After restoring my white S1 I wanted to try out a Turbo. Found this black on red 84 and have been enjoying every minute of it. Have had it for a bit now and have done a lot of tinkering and some cosmetic things to it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Great color combo. The Turbo cars are quite an upgrade from the s1 & s2 cars. The performance is where it should have been from the get go and they look more aggressive while maintaining the great lines.

More car details? - Mileage, whats been done, etc, etc.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like the red interior (mine has one)

Does your A/C work?

I would think that would be important with a black car in your location.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is everything I wanted it to be and more! I am so impressed with it, I even walk by the garage and open the door to the garage to stare and it on occasion ha! The A/C works great ! Nice and cold on all fan speeds, I have done some electrical work to the car, new clutch, new alternator belts, new gaskets since it was making a mess in the garage. Full service just done and also a new vent hose and gulp valve and some carb tuning. Car has 36700 documented miles and 2 owners since new! Cal car then came to AZ in 05 and has been here since.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Looks good.

Is that like a big 80's cell phone mounted to the right of the center console?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The car is everything I wanted it to be and more! I am so impressed with it, I even walk by the garage and open the door to the garage to stare and it on occasion ha! The A/C works great ! Nice and cold on all fan speeds, I have done some electrical work to the car, new clutch, new alternator belts, new gaskets since it was making a mess in the garage. Full service just done and also a new vent hose and gulp valve and some carb tuning. Car has 36700 documented miles and 2 owners since new! Cal car then came to AZ in 05 and has been here since.
Excellent! Yep - just looking at it or sneaking a peek in the garage before bedtime is an Espeir-owners thing. Very few cars elicit such attention from their owners.

Two owners is great, the less the merrier. Sounds like you got her working good and are enjoying it. Im happy for ya! :clap:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its now back in the shop, having the clutch slave and master cylinder replaced. Sat for a week and a half while I was in San Fran and came back to the clutch shuttering and gears not going into place. Will have it back tomorrow though and ready for the Cars and Coffee here on Sat.
Yes it is a period correct huge cell phone on the passenger side! Ha!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Its now back in the shop, having the clutch slave and master cylinder replaced. Sat for a week and a half while I was in San Fran and came back to the clutch shuttering and gears not going into place. Will have it back tomorrow though and ready for the Cars and Coffee here on Sat.
Yes it is a period correct huge cell phone on the passenger side! Ha!
Good call getting them both done at the same time - they always tend to follow each other's failure pattern.

I wonder the per minute charge on that phone would be....rotfl

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good call getting them both done at the same time - they always tend to follow each other's failure pattern.

I wonder the per minute charge on that phone would be....rotfl
Yah exactly ! They both started leaking and right in the middle of the intersection the shift gate wouldn't go into first or any of the other gears, so when I got it out of the intersection I saw the fluid had leaked all over the place. The slave is going to be new but the master I am using a rebuild kit on

HA! As far as that phone goes, would be pretty awesome to be able to use it!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts