The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of the black one folded down?

I'm thinking of buying one but want to see installed pics first.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It only folds up on the elise. I didn't know that until I bought it. Hits the clam if you try to fold it down.

Looks great though! I have a red one but will post a pict anyways because it's awesome :D

pict coutesy of LarryB

edit: oops looks like you have an 05 (non-fed) Exige :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not a very good pic, but this is the black one, on my Exige. It folds down.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
The black or red one (same size) will fold up or down on an Exige, but only up on the Elise.
Skottoman, I'll trade you my red for your black. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry for digging up this old thread. Got myself the S111 hook for my Elise but I notice the grill is in its way to fold all the way up? How did you guys do it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stainless...

Have you seen this one from eliseusa.com?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Still confused how I can make this tow eye fit. Any help is appreciated.
They are a bit too big to fold down on an Elise, but you should have plenty of room to fold it up or to the side. The only time you will see it folding down is on an Exige as the grill opening is slightly larger.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Sorry for digging up this old thread. Got myself the S111 hook for my Elise but I notice the grill is in its way to fold all the way up? How did you guys do it?
Grill is in the way when you fold it up? Hmm - any way you could post a picture, it should just go straight up easily. If you're having trouble, something must be off.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Ahh ok. Screw it in so it sits out far enough to clear the grill, then tighten the nut down clockwise. That will lock it in place and keep it from unscrewing. You are basically screwing the tow hook in too far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the idea. However it only left with minimal thread (about 2 turns), will this be enough for towing?

Here is what it looks like with the nut screw down into position.

DSC02045s.jpg

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Mine

Attachments

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Thanks for taking the picts - I understand the problem now. Looks normal sized to me so I don't think you got a bad hook, its only 2 complete turns though? I think mine turned a little more than that, I can check it out when I have time for ya

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my S111 folding tow hook. I have an 08 Elise SC, which do you have? S111's website said the tow hooks are for 05-07 Elises. I called them and they said that was a typo and fixed the website. They claim it should fit the 08, but it seems like it doesn't.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts