The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S2 at Symbolic La Jolla today: 1DAY ONLY!!!

The laser blue S2 at the english car show yesterday will be displayed at Symbolic La Jolla today only. It is my understanding that test drives are available.

And I give a big shout-out to Nick at Symbolic, the coolest guy in the world, for letting my good friend Chris and I drive it yesterday after the show. The pressure was starting to build...especially with the release of the R&T article, that I needed that elise fix bad. I shall be content for a little while now :)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Are you sure it's La Jolla? I just assumed that when Nick said it would "be at the dealership tomorrow," it meant Symbolic - being that he works there.

I guess a call is in order. ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
When I met Nick, he was at Symbolic of Beverly Hills, but I got an e-mail from him last week about the car being in San Diego over the week-end and he seems to be working at Symbolic of La Jolla now (all in the family anyway). So I'd guess that the Elise is in La Jolla at Symbolic today. Too far for me to go.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Thanks for the notice! I am having a couple friends go down there today then.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Never mind. Oh well. The car is now on a truck and leaving...

But to where?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randy Chase said:
Never mind. Oh well. The car is now on a truck and leaving...

But to where?
Back to its owner. Originally the yellow car was suppose to be at the show, but a last minute change caused them to have to find another car. They couldnt get this car as long I guess. Sorry guys!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jml1952 said:
When I met Nick, he was at Symbolic of Beverly Hills, but I got an e-mail from him last week about the car being in San Diego over the week-end and he seems to be working at Symbolic of La Jolla now (all in the family anyway). So I'd guess that the Elise is in La Jolla at Symbolic today. Too far for me to go.
Yeah, I think he's in La Jolla permanently now. I'm glad, because he knows a lot more about the car than my previous salesperson, and has a lot more enthusiasm about it, which gives me more confidence in buying from them. When I first went to symbolic LJ, it seemed like they didnt care about me and my elise interest because it OBVIOUSLY isnt a big ticket item like most of their cars.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Yeah, I think he's in La Jolla permanently now. I'm glad, because he knows a lot more about the car than my previous salesperson, and has a lot more enthusiasm about it, which gives me more confidence in buying from them. When I first went to symbolic LJ, it seemed like they didnt care about me and my elise interest because it OBVIOUSLY isnt a big ticket item like most of their cars.
That's interesting, because I've never met anyone at Symbolic that wasn't eager to help me with a product I was interested in buying. But that's all in the past now, glad you are happy with the dealer. It definitely helps to have a good relationship with them down the road...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vantage said:
That's interesting, because I've never met anyone at Symbolic that wasn't eager to help me with a product I was interested in buying. But that's all in the past now, glad you are happy with the dealer. It definitely helps to have a good relationship with them down the road...
Well, I was most dissapointed that they wouldnt give me a number in line on their waitlist with my deposit...and I can make all sorts of assumptions why they wouldnt at first, being a high end dealership with many high end customers. I obviously did not fit into that category, being a 24-year-old female. And when I first called about the car back in january, they didnt know a whole lot about what was going on, and that kind of annoyed me. I felt like I was giving them my money, but wasnt sure what I would get for it. A car 1 year down the road? It was a lot of money for me to spend with all the uncertaintly looming about the elise.

Nick has been wonderful though. And everything seems to be working out just fine (knock on wood).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I guess it just depends on how things go for you.
When I called to Symbolic in Beverly Hills back in January 2003, they were quite informative and quite willing to take my deposit, as they had received a lot of interest following the LA Auto Show. They took my deposit over the phone (credit card) and faxed over paper work right away for me to sign. No problems.

On the other hand, Nick was the guy I dealt with, and he didn't seem all that enthused about the car. Then when he let me go for a test drive, he was rather reluctant to take the car out and cut it pretty short.

But, when I met Nick's boss, he was incredibly enthusiastic and excited about the Elise. Harry had taken it to a restaurant the night before and was basking in all the attention he received.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts