The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering why do some elise and exiges have their central air-con vents located in different places? these two cars below are from the same year, so does anyone know why this is?

·
Administrator
1,798 Posts
R and L drive position for starters

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Those two aren't from the same year. The S1 and early early s2 (before they came to the US) had that bottom interior, and they went to the general layout of the first picture in '05. That first picture is a "black dash" car though (as indicated by the black speedo/tach) and I believe that change was in '08.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those two aren't from the same year. The S1 and early early s2 (before they came to the US) had that bottom interior, and they went to the general layout of the first picture in '05. That first picture is a "black dash" car though (as indicated by the black speedo/tach) and I believe that change was in '08.
Ok thanks for that, I don't think I portrayed my point effectively, my bad because I have seen what people have advertised a 08 Model year cars with different dash configurations except I couldn't find those specific advertisements so I just used these pictures. also for the LHD and RHD thing, I have seen both left and right-hand drive cars with different configurations. I also remember someone talking about it on a different discussion about how the airbags affect it, is this true or not?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Ok thanks for that, I don't think I portrayed my point effectively, my bad because I have seen what people have advertised a 08 Model year cars with different dash configurations except I couldn't find those specific advertisements so I just used these pictures. also for the LHD and RHD thing, I have seen both left and right-hand drive cars with different configurations. I also remember someone talking about it on a different discussion about how the airbags affect it, is this true or not?

When you say configuration, I hear "layout" and that never changed within a given model year. Instead, are you referring to the surfaces? Those are tied to trim packages and changed frequently, especially if the car went through the "trim shop".

Regarding airbags, I'm not aware of any model that changed airbags mid-year. The big change was from none to some and that's when the whole layout changed completely (see your two pictures).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Top pic - the airbags interior, the only one which reached the US.
Bottom - European no-airbag S2 up to circa 2008. 2005-2008 both were in parallel production for different markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah ok so you could have cars made in the same year, but look different depending on the market they were made for and whether they had airbags or not.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts