The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to verify compatibility of complete S2 swap into S1 chassis. From all my photos it looks like different pick up points for rear end. I have a complete running wrecked S2 & opportunity to buy a good S1 chassis.

can anyone verify compatibility?

Sean Castner [email protected]

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Motor/trans mounts (bonded to chassis) are different so won't be a straight bolt in but where there is a will there is a way, the suspension pickup points are the same, the S2 A-arms will bolt up to the S1 chassis no problem, upper shock mounts are different but are bolted on and can carry over. The rear motor/trans mount that connects to the subframe will not connect to the S1 subframe. I believe you could carry over the S2 subframe but I don't know how that will effect the fitment of the S1 rear clam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
chassis resin

hi, we are looking for the product that lotus use to bond the chassis together along with the rivets? and help and info would be great on the diffrent products that ar e upo to the job.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm trying to verify compatibility of complete S2 swap into S1 chassis. From all my photos it looks like different pick up points for rear end. I have a complete running wrecked S2 & opportunity to buy a good S1 chassis.

can anyone verify compatibility?

Sean Castner [email protected]
Basically, it won't fit, 2zzz is longer.

It has been done once, but it was a real mess, with cuts to the main tub etc.

Why on earth would you want to anyway?

Motor/trans mounts (bonded to chassis) are different so won't be a straight bolt in but where there is a will there is a way, the suspension pickup points are the same, the S2 A-arms will bolt up to the S1 chassis no problem, upper shock mounts are different but are bolted on and can carry over. The rear motor/trans mount that connects to the subframe will not connect to the S1 subframe. I believe you could carry over the S2 subframe but I don't know how that will effect the fitment of the S1 rear clam.
S1 and s2 subframes are nothing like each other and are nothing like interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Basically, it won't fit, 2zzz is longer.

It has been done once, but it was a real mess, with cuts to the main tub etc.

Why on earth would you want to anyway?

S1 and s2 subframes are nothing like each other and are nothing like interchangeable.
I wasn't sure if S2 subframe would bolt to an S1 tub, thanks for the clarification. I guess that's why you don't see anyone putting a 2ZZGE in an S1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts