The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought this S260 style spoiler from China? If so, was it junk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
Has anyone bought this S260 style spoiler from China? If so, was it junk?

Any rear spoiler/wing using those mounting points is going to flex like a wet noodle. If you're only after looks, choose whatever you like.

The S260 didn't use that style of wing.

San

·
Registered
289 Posts
all the pre-face lift S2 Exige had this type of wing. S260 had CF center piece

Any rear spoiler/wing using those mounting points is going to flex like a wet noodle. If you're only after looks, choose whatever you like.

The S260 didn't use that style of wing.

San

·
7,600 Posts
all the pre-face lift S2 Exige had this type of wing. S260 had CF center piece
You are correct. The 2009 did have the wet noodle wing. For some reason I thought the S260 was 2010 and upwards.

FWIW, even the 2010 style rear wing is a wet noodle. The carbon blade is much better, but I recommend both the carbon blade and the carbon wing supports. I particularly recommend HKFEVER's dry carbon wing blade and dry carbon wing supports. Light, stiff and very reasonably priced. @HKFEVER The Lotus carbon blade is stupid expensive.

San

·
7,600 Posts
@HKFEVER That’s quite an endorsement, let’s talk!

If you'd like pictures or anything else concerning HKFEVER's wing please let me know. I had the 2010 Lotus rear wing and got to experience firsthand the blade wiggling up and down several inches at around 60mph. I sold it at a loss and bought HKFEVER's dry carbon wing and wing supports. No flex.

Check post #2 in this thread for a decent video showing the flex for the 2010 rear spoiler (not carbon). The flex in the very center is even more terrifying.

San

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you'd like pictures or anything else concerning HKFEVER's wing please let me know. I had the 2010 Lotus rear wing and got to experience firsthand the blade wiggling up and down several inches at around 60mph. I sold it at a loss and bought HKFEVER's dry carbon wing and wing supports. No flex.

Check post #2 in this thread for a decent video showing the flex for the 2010 rear spoiler (not carbon). The flex in the very center is even more terrifying.

San
That is a ton of flex!

Sure, post some pics of the wing if you have got them!

Is the adjustable wing kit in post #3 the on by @HKFEVER?

·
7,600 Posts
That is a ton of flex!

Sure, post some pics of the wing if you have got them!

Is the adjustable wing kit in post #3 the on by @HKFEVER?

No, that's the Reverie wing. They make great products (I have their stuff). They're pricey, but due to Brexit they're much more reasonable than they used to be. They're the only company I know of that actually tests their products in the wind tunnel.

HKFEVER makes a rear wing with an adjustable blade angle if that's of interest to you. I'll post a few pics of my rear wing in a few. I need to move my R1M out of the way as it's nearly touching my Exige. A GT-R, the Exige, an R1M, V4S and S1000RR make for a crowded two-car garage. The new CBR1000RR-R Fireblade is arriving in June. Need to make some room.

San

·
7,600 Posts
Exige_Wing_1.jpg
Exige_Wing_4.jpg
Exige_Wing_3.jpg
Exige_Wing_2.jpg

Five_is_a_crowd_garage.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else.

San

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
San, what is the engine cover you have? That looks like it will do a better job at cooling the intercooler

·
7,600 Posts
San what is going on with your booty? Is that some kind of carbon fiber cover?
It's the Reverie boot (trunk) cover that is part of the rear carbon hatch. Shinoo told me it's unlikely that the Reverie rear hatch will ever be made again.

San

·
7,600 Posts
San, what is the engine cover you have? That looks like it will do a better job at cooling the intercooler
I'm not sure what part you're referring to. Give me an idea of what you're referencing and I'll provide all the information I have. If it's the intercooler heat shield, I have a spare.

San

·
7,600 Posts
To keep water etc. from getting into the trunk. Plus, it looks freakin' great when you have the hatch up.

San

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
@oldmansan
your engine lid / cover appears to have an extension that goes right to the intercooler, that is how they all should have been from the factory to keep the heat away from the intercooler :)

·
7,600 Posts
@oldmansan
your engine lid / cover appears to have an extension that goes right to the intercooler, that is how they all should have been from the factory to keep the heat away from the intercooler :)
Yeah, it's effectively another heat shield plus it pulls air through the IC. It is actually Reverie's dry carbon version of Bodyshop Kobayashi's (BSK) hatch. Quite a nice piece if I do say so myself.

San

1 - 17 of 17 Posts