The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 260s come with alcantara shift and ebrake boots? or was it just the console? I really dont like the leather, and would like alcantara, but would rather keep it to all lotus parts. If not, is there anyone out there that makes them? Ive not seem them on any of the standard websites???

Thanks guys.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Mine came with alcantara on console, shift boot and brake boot. Pretty sure lotus still sell them. Do you need the part numbers?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Not sure you can get them from lotus anymore. Ping Justin at FVMC and might be able to

If not just get photos and any decent auto upholstery shop can do them and look just like oem

You can also ping yellow99s on the forum. He does insane auto interiors for a living. Probably something he can easily whip up and mail you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
First - it depends on what you are referring to as S260? In North America, we have the Sport 260 which is the light weight track Exige with all the carbon fiber bits - and then there are the 2011 variations like the RGB and Final Editions.

Next it depends on what year you are talking about - the 2009 and 2010 Sport 260's have alcantara shift and ebrake boots. The 2011 Sport 260 is carbon fiber. The 2011 RGB and Final Editions are the same as the 240 and simply have a leather covered shift console and ebrake boot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm 09/10 sport 260 i guess. So they did come with them then! great! Now to try to get a set. And if that fails, custom it will be, but id really rather keep it OEM if possible

I just hate the stock leather shift and ebrake boots and console, but that matte carbon console is starting to really get my mouth watering,

Thanks, Beech

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It also doesn't help the Lotus wasn't very consistent with the interiors from car to car. I saw two S260s with the same invoice that called for red trim and one car had red door panels and the other didn't. lol

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It also doesn't help the Lotus wasn't very consistent with the interiors from car to car. I saw two S260s with the same invoice that called for red trim and one car had red door panels and the other didn't. lol
True - there are a lot of variations that occured throughout production. When stock ran out or got low, substitutions were made.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Not sure you can get them from lotus anymore.
All manufacturers are required by law to produce OEM parts for a period of 10 years after main production has stopped on that particular vehicle. Some of them get around the law by accretion. For example, when a vehicle is being produced, you can buy any little nut or bolt on a door-panel, but as production stops, you may have to buy the entire door panel to get that nut or bolt.

Of course, this is a USA standard, and we're talking about Lotus here, which really doesn't give much creedence to USA standards rotfl.

·
Registered
736 Posts
A peek into the 2010 S260

Attachments

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
And a peek into a 2011 (with the carbon fiber shift tunnel) and 2009 (with the black alcantara shift boot) Sport 260.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think I just lost my lunch... If that is going to be Mansory's contribution to Lotus, then please fire him... that's the most hideous car interior with respect to colours I have ever seen.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
for those interested, the shift boot is 86, and in stock in US warehouse, the ebrake boot is 82 and available, but not in stock in US warehouse. For those prices, Id rather some carbon fiber (and getting custom alcantara work done so it all matches :up: )

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that Mansory car is a Porsche...look at the center console and dash. Not sure whether that is a 991 (likely) or panamera. Sure its not an evora though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts