The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about ordering an 09 s260. It looks amazing albeit pretty pricey. Nontheless, its a pretty special car.

I suspect that I should expect MSRP on an ordered 260. Anyone think otherwise? Thanks. Nigel.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I was thinking about ordering an 09 s260. It looks amazing albeit pretty pricey. Nontheless, its a pretty special car.

I suspect that I should expect MSRP on an ordered 260. Anyone think otherwise? Thanks. Nigel.

I wouldn't settle for anything less than at least MSRP. Times are rough, even for Lotus.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

We've received roughly around (30) orders already and production numbers for the US is only (50) however, most if not all were ordered for clients and from what I'm hearing from dealers, all at MSRP.

It's true the market is slow for any manufacturer and that's why we have only (30) orders...if a customer does not order one, the dealer isn't going to really bother to order for stock. Obviously, there are always exceptions but if you really want one, talk to your dealer and see if they'd be willing to negotiate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I shall be ordering chrome orange today at MSRP. Was told around 12 weeks to delivery.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Congrats - can't wait to see these cars start showing up. Did you get the stripe delete option?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
We've received roughly around (30) orders already and production numbers for the US is only (50) however, most if not all were ordered for clients and from what I'm hearing from dealers, all at MSRP.

It's true the market is slow for any manufacturer and that's why we have only (30) orders...if a customer does not order one, the dealer isn't going to really bother to order for stock. Obviously, there are always exceptions but if you really want one, talk to your dealer and see if they'd be willing to negotiate.
50 TOTAL??? For the year???

·
Registered
6,497 Posts

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
It's significantly lower. To give you an idea, there were 50 72Ds.
I know. And a limited number of California's. And 20 Club Racers. Lotus has made a cottage industry over the years out of limited 'specials.'

But given that only a few hundred each of N/A 06 Exiges and 07 Exige S's were sold (I've heard <300 06's and about 300 07's, but your info is probably better than mine), I'm wondering how many S240's have actually been sold in the US. More than 100?

If it's been a hundred or so, then the declining slope to 50 S260's wouldn't be a surprise at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts