1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why would you suggest not buying it? I rolled my first one 3 times and thought the frame was trashed. Guy bought it from Copart and now it's a widebody track car. Couldn't believe it. He found me and asked about any spare parts and books I had. Ended up trading him for some other stuff off it to put on my current Exige!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Out of curiosity and digging, (mainly as I was shopping the 09 Sport260 currently on sale on LT) I think this was the car maybe?

·
Registered
188 Posts
So sad, these cars are only getting more rare with each passing day.

Strangely, I've been on this forum for a few years now, and it seems the attrition rate of Elise/Exige's has remained fairly constant. Not scientific, just an observation.

·
Premium Member
9,479 Posts
Every is amazing with an Elige till its not. When you lose it, and they start hitting things, they self destruct to save the occupant! After 9 yrs I decided zn Rvora fits my needs better

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Several North American 2009-2011 Sport 260's have been sold to buyers and exported to other countries. Many have gone to Japan, UAE, and Europe.

Regrettably, when you combine the amount of Sport 260's exported with those damaged and being totaled, results in these rare cars becoming scarce.

I've had my pulse on these cars since the start and several have just unexplainably dropped off the radar in the last few years. I thought i might gain some insight after the whole COVID lockdown but i haven't had much success and suspect floods, natural disasters have taken an additional toll and further reduced the amount left in North America.

Despite the new Emira and other future Lotus models, it's a safe bet well preserved, original, and unique Sport 260 will remain collectible

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking at the pictures seemed like they took off many parts and either swapped them with normal Exige/Elise parts or nothing at all. No hatch, shifter console seems odd should be black and leather trimmed, the wheels (winter setup maybe?). It was defiantly driven with the claimed 58k miles.

·
Vendor
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I believe the car ended up around 27k before it went to live auction, meaning someone paid almost 30k for essentially a vin since almost nothing in the car had any value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe the car ended up around 27k before it went to live auction, meaning someone paid almost 30k for essentially a vin since almost nothing in the car had any value.
yes, i was watching it in the corner of my browser and i had a phone call 3mins before it they ran it and forgot to look at my screen so i didnt get to see the final price, i was curious...

·
Premium Member
2010 Exige 260 Sport, 1979 Eclat, 1969 Type 61 Formula Ford
98 Posts
Anyone know who bought it? The PO changed the seats and door cards in my 260 to black leather inserts. Would love to get those original seats to put mine back to factory.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts