The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local owner here who is selling his V8 so I am hoping to sell my beloved S4 that I barely had for a year so that I can upgrade. You all have seen my posts with all my issues that I had to iron out. Car runs strong and is always garaged.

I have all service records dating back to '94.

New Blue timing belt,
New Battery,
New Wheels and Tires less than 400 miles,
New dual exit exhaust,
New Elise Steering wheel,
S4s 300 hp chip,
Recaro Seats,
S4s Wing,
New passenger light motor,
New radiator fans,
New Antifreeze,
New thermostat,
New ABS Accumulator,
New Clutch,
New Clutch master and slave cylinder,
New Accelerator Cable
New plugs,
AC ice cold and freshly charged,
New Speedo and cable PO,
HKS BOV,
New side seals in gear box,
New Ion Crystal fogs,
Mileage 90K but still strong with zero leaks,
Clean Title,

Sorry keeping my rear lights and panel for new car.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stack of maintnenance paperwork about 3/4" thick.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old photo I took whenI had the belt changed but before the HKS BOV was installed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is a nice car. Will it pass CA smog? Any idea on 1/4 mile time?

Also, why get rid of it now that it's sorted? What about the V8 makes you want to switch to it?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a nice car. Will it pass CA smog? Any idea on 1/4 mile time?

Also, why get rid of it now that it's sorted? What about the V8 makes you want to switch to it?
It passed smog when I got it last March and passed in May. Then the Cat fell apart so I had the guys at Claudius punch it out until the next time I have to smog. Then I would have a high flow cat installed. Of course now I have to get one installed sooner in order to sell it.

Sorry don't know what the 1/4 mile time is as I am not interested in that sort of thing. I don't think I have the balls to launch it. ;)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words. Forgot add new floor mats from group buy here a couple months ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
S4 For Sale

Interested in knowing more about the S4 you have for sale. Can you tell me a little more about the car's history and what needed sorting out? Also, could you send a few more pictures of the car and do you have the original seats? I assume when you say you want to keep the lights and panel for your new car, the stock lights would be re-installed, yes? You can email me back at [email protected]. Looks like you are located in California?

Trevor

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interested in knowing more about the S4 you have for sale. Can you tell me a little more about the car's history and what needed sorting out? Also, could you send a few more pictures of the car and do you have the original seats? I assume when you say you want to keep the lights and panel for your new car, the stock lights would be re-installed, yes? You can email me back at [email protected]. Looks like you are located in California?

Trevor
What needed sorting out already has been completed as listed above. Car is set and ready to go with the exception of smog which I can either put in a cat or you can find someone that can "smog" it. Car runs amazingly strong with out a cat though. Yes stock lights with zero cracks will be installed in its place.

As for history, I am the 4th owner. First owner was some hockey player who bought it for his wife. Second owner is the hockey player's brother, third owner was my seller and finally me. :D 90% of the mileage was put on by the first owner. I have all paperwork dating back to when the car was new.

I will send higher res photos to your email.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
OK, enough of that.. considering the work youve done on the one your selling, the V8 must be stellar.. Start another thread if need be with info on it and pics or the penalty is you must ship to me the round taillight panel with lights..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice car. Wish I was brave enough to dive into the esprit world.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice car. Wish I was brave enough to dive into the esprit world.
This one is one of THE ones to get.. no bravery needed IOW

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, enough of that.. considering the work youve done on the one your selling, the V8 must be stellar.. Start another thread if need be with info on it and pics or the penalty is you must ship to me the round taillight panel with lights..
LMAO @ Midlife!!:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Love the license plate! glws, beautiful car!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
P.S. if the V8 sells before I sell mine then I will keep this car and will be off the market.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts