The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about all the wheels that have been on the Esprit over the years. It seems that OZ S4 wheels are the last truly custom and unique wheel that the Esprit would come with. After the S4 wheel, lotus went with off the shelf designs. The Futura modular, the saturn, the novas, the Awi wheels. Sure, they were in specific offsets and bolt patterns for the esprit, but you could buy those wheels for lots of cars via wheel shops.

Was it a cost cutting thing that lotus was doing? Just thinking out loud here.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I dont know about the last custom wheels, but I sure would like to have a set, I've been searching for them for a while now. I had a friend that went to England on vacation, I tried to convince them to get me four and use them as their carry on luggage. In the UK they seem to be easy to find, in the states not so easy.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I thought the AWI's were a custom Lotus design?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might be right about the AWI wheels. I always thought they were a generic 6 spoke wheel.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I dont know about the last custom wheels, but I sure would like to have a set, I've been searching for them for a while now. I had a friend that went to England on vacation, I tried to convince them to get me four and use them as their carry on luggage. In the UK they seem to be easy to find, in the states not so easy.
I wouldn't have thought that they wouldn't be too hard to find. There was a parted out S4s on eBay recently and they were selling those wheels with only minor damage. I think they went pretty cheap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very awesome! I was going to do the *exact* same thing.... then you outbid me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought they were going to sell pretty cheap. I made a last minute bid that was as high as I wanted to pay, and bam..... I won the auction, but it ended up about $200 more than I was hoping for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts