The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this wing last year around June from Lotus Garage for $1800 plus shipping and paint. Selling it for $750. For the love of God pick up only please, I don't want to pack up this beast!

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Forgive me but I can't help to say... this wing is the best looking wing that you can ever put on an esprit. Why ? :facepalm:scratchhead:Are you going wingless?
Awesome deal!!!
Guys grab this one quickly before he change his mind! :panic:

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Forgive me but I can't help to say... this wing is the best looking wing that you can ever put on an esprit. Why ? :facepalm:scratchhead:Are you going wingless?
Awesome deal!!!
Guys grab this one quickly before he change his mind! :panic:
I do not think he is going wingless. Since the eBay V8 parts auction ended at about the same time and I just got my delivery of goods, I'm pretty sure Noob got a delivery. His car looks very similar to a V8 except for the wing, I would say he has bought the V8 wing.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I do not think he is going wingless. Since the eBay V8 parts auction ended at about the same time and I just got my delivery of goods, I'm pretty sure Noob got a delivery. His car looks very similar to a V8 except for the wing, I would say he has bought the V8 wing.
That wing was also used on the V8 esprit (97) so it still looks very similar to a V8 , though the rear valence makes it look like a later V8. Would have to agree though the S4s/97 V8 wing is my favorite of them all, and there have been a lot! :D

·
Cal H
982 Posts
That wing was also used on the V8 esprit (97) so it still looks very similar to a V8 , though the rear valence makes it look like a later V8. Would have to agree though the S4s/97 V8 wing is my favorite of them all, and there have been a lot! :D
He had the S4s/97 V8 with the Futura look going except for the tail piece. The later V8 wing with thr round tail lights will make it look more like a later V8/
So Noob you end up with the V8 wing?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cal you are good! You a fortune teller on the side? :clap::clap::clap::clap: I won the V8 wing for $405, having it repaired for $200. Once installed, I will have the holes patched and the car repainted entirely. I have many rock chips on the front end.

All the guys I know locally have V8's, figured if I wasn't as fast as them I can at least look like one I can be one of the cool kids. :facepalm

·
Registered
519 Posts
LOL I was bidding on the wing too I didnt Bid any higher because you can get a new one for 700.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL I was bidding on the wing too I didnt Bid any higher because you can get a new one for 700.
What the? That's funny. When I was looking for this wing last year I was told it was no longer avail and that the only wing left for the car is the one I have now and even that was the last wing from Lotus.

Where did you find one for $700 new? Like I said I paid $1800 for the other wing.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
519 Posts
Didnt know it was you bidding LOL sorry dude. I never bought anything from them but I think I will be ordering the wing soon.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Cal you are good! You a fortune teller on the side? :clap::clap::clap::clap: I won the V8 wing for $405, having it repaired for $200. Once installed, I will have the holes patched and the car repainted entirely. I have many rock chips on the front end.

All the guys I know locally have V8's, figured if I wasn't as fast as them I can at least look like one I can be one of the cool kids. :facepalm
I thought that was you. I can sort of track who is bidding even though eBay masks bidders identity. Its not 100% accurate but its pretty close and gives me a good idea who the other person is and what they might pay. Also useful if one has an idea that the other bidder is a likable forum member and really wants an item to let him have it. Of course if I really need an item doesn't matter who the other bidders are as in every man for themselves. On our club site we have been known to post an intent to bid/buy to avoid bidding up an high value auction. For me there is big difference in nice to have as opposed to really need to have.

BTW As far as not being as fast as the V8. If your car is setup correctly and your driving skills allow you to drive closer to the performance envelope of your Esprit. I would say it is possible to out drive many a V8 and it's driver. I know a few 4 cyl drivers that are able to vex owners of cars who have superior performance numbers. You just have to drive better and make fewer mistakes while driving avoiding situations that cause you to lose car and engine speed. If someone in the V8 is superior driver then you have to drive better and closer to the edge.

I also saw your other thread. There is always a cost to pay for pumping up boost and adding extra performance. You have almost a 100K miles on your engine clock. Unless you can do your own work it may cost 8-10K for a major rebuild and must be prepared to write the check when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought that was you. I can sort of track who is bidding even though eBay masks bidders identity. Its not 100% accurate but its pretty close and gives me a good idea who the other person is and what they might pay. Also useful if one has an idea that the other bidder is a likable forum member and really wants an item to let him have it. Of course if I really need an item doesn't matter who the other bidders are as in every man for themselves. On our club site we have been known to post an intent to bid/buy to avoid bidding up an high value auction. For me there is big difference in nice to have as opposed to really need to have.

BTW As far as not being as fast as the V8. If your car is setup correctly and your driving skills allow you to drive closer to the performance envelope of your Esprit. I would say it is possible to out drive many a V8 and it's driver. I know a few 4 cyl drivers that are able to vex owners of cars who have superior performance numbers. You just have to drive better and make fewer mistakes while driving avoiding situations that cause you to lose car and engine speed. If someone in the V8 is superior driver then you have to drive better and closer to the edge.

I also saw your other thread. There is always a cost to pay for pumping up boost and adding extra performance. You have almost a 100K miles on your engine clock. Unless you can do your own work it may cost 8-10K for a major rebuild and must be prepared to write the check when the time comes.
Thanks Cal. Maybe I should be more prepared for a rebuild instead of a quest for more power. The other issue that I am a bit worried about last night with trying for higher boost was the strict smog rules here in socal so maybe just keeping what I have is ok for now. Was just telling Gonzo last night how good the car is running right now so maybe I keep it as is and be ready for the rebuild. For now I will just do a rebuild on my turbo as it is in need of one or just replace it. Mr. Dangerous was nice enough to send me info to a shop that happens to be local to me.

As for keeping up with the V8 guys I am kidding. Although I have had plenty of seat time in my S/C S2000 (a fraction of the hours you have) but would never track my Esprit. Sometimes some spirited driving is fun but nothing crazy.

Loving the steering wheel btw...

Oh and thanks fellas for letting me win a wing that I could have bought brand new. LOL! :facepalm

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
California smog testing is a major concern here nowadays. :(

When you first posted about modifying your car, I remembered your license plate and had been wondering what you would be changing it to. :)

W8NO MRE?

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
[snip]

Oh and thanks fellas for letting me win a wing that I could have bought brand new. LOL! :facepalm
I've bought alot of stuff from SJ Sports - I'm pretty sure while the prices may be good, the shipping and the post-sales import tax would likely wash the 'advantage' away. Especially for a large bulky item like a spoiler.

But I do recommend SJ Sports for checking out difficult-to-find parts - they have a nice website for searching (as opposed to getting on the phone)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
California smog testing is a major concern here nowadays. :(

When you first posted about modifying your car, I remembered your license plate and had been wondering what you would be changing it to. :)

W8NO MRE?
That's a good one!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've bought alot of stuff from SJ Sports - I'm pretty sure while the prices may be good, the shipping and the post-sales import tax would likely wash the 'advantage' away.
Cool that makes me feel better.:up:

WTF G8nightsman! :D:UK:

·
Registered
515 Posts
We sold the wing last year and at that time we were told by the factory it was the last one they had and they weren't making any more. Either the one SJ has is old stock for them or a reproduction.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts