The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a used Sachs Performance Coilover Kit for the Elise/Exige.

My 2005 Elise had 27k miles on it, however I am not sure what odometer reading they were installed at.

The right rear shock was leaking, and so I put the stock Bilsteins back on at about 26k miles. Therefore the right rear shock will need to be rebuilt.

Here is a link to the kit: SACHS Performance Coilover Kit

Looks like the set is about $1800 new, so feel free to make an offer for these. I'm not sure what a reasonable price should be.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I am looking for a set for a friends car. I had a set of these on my Elise about 4 years ago. I love the way the handled, but after a while they started to bottom out over abrupt bumps. Sachs took them back. Are these any better?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for a set for a friends car. I had a set of these on my Elise about 4 years ago. I love the way the handled, but after a while they started to bottom out over abrupt bumps. Sachs took them back. Are these any better?
I can't really answer that, as I put my car back to stock shortly after I bought it. The previous owner gave me the stock shocks with the car, and that was my solution for the leaky rear shock. When I looked up the Sachs, I found a thread on LotusTalk regarding hard bumps. Similar to how you put it, the ride is very good, but the springs may be prone to binding on big bumps. There were some people that put different springs on the Sachs. I believe they are good shocks, but may not ideal for rough roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts