The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case some of you have not seen the news. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would like to throw out some congratulations and a big THANK YOU!! to all of our Armed forces. I know we have a few residents and probably a lot more with family members so be sure to share with them our gratitude. When I woke up this morning and turned on the news I was overjoyed to find this out. I hope that the few remaining loyalists will realize that he was only a poser and he doesn't care about them. I love the fact that when it came down to it he was found cowering in a hole.:D :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another OWN3D

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
transio said:
Not that I'm not happy it's near over, but we shouldn't have been in there in the first place.
I agree.

What I still want to know is... where are the weapons of mass destruction? Why did Halliburton get a no-bid contract? Why did Bush declare the end of major combat knowing very well that our soldiers were even worse off now that everything is split off into unpredictable ambushes? How could he possibly sit on TV and tell us to "support our troops" when he is not doing it himself? (soldiers no longer receive combat pay once combat is declared over)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Right on, guys, glad I'm not the only one who feels this way - living in Orange County, sometimes that's the way it seems.

Let's hope that the soldierrs (who we all support and are forced to do the dirty-work) can come home as soon as possible and something like a decent resolution to this mess can be found.

Cheers, Mike.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I can't get too involved in political discussions, but I can tell you that we do continue to receive combat pay even after the declaration of hostilities has finished. It's dependent on what the Senate declares a combat/hazardous duty zone. Currently the soldiers and sailors in the middle east are still receiving 'imminent danger' pay. They are also tax-free.

That said, I can't think of anyone who is doing it for the pay, not that the little bit extra hurts.

The best thing I received while I was overseas was a manila envelope filled with handmade letters of appreciation from a second-grade class. Support from home means a lot. So thanks!

Cade

1 - 11 of 11 Posts