The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR ANOTHER LOTUS, check it out, bad ass!

Actually im joking entirely, I was doing wiring work for a guy today, and he knows I have an Esprit, he told me at his detail shop there is a V8 Lotus. He took me to check it out. Its being detailed to be sold at a local Mecum auction here in PA I heard.

Okay this makes like 4-5 now I have seen in person. But the WOW factor of when I first saw one is now gone. I remember when I first saw one upon shopping for mine, it was insanely exotic looking to see it in person the first time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
What the hell is this?

First I was bummed that you traded it in, then I was stoked and then WTF? :D

Too funny.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Whoa...you really got me there.
I saw the title and was like, "Oh no!!!!!!...he finally did it...he traded it in on a V6 Camaro!"

Was so bummed and then was so happy for you when I thought you got an even better Esprit and then realized that you hadn't. :sad:

Glad it was just a false alarm, but man...what a rollercoaster post that one was!

I felt exactly the same as EspritNOOB. :panic:

Roy

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Got me too... Downer, then upper... Then, nice pic

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's a very nice Esprit. Wonder what the reserve is? My neighbor keeps telling me I need one.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Not knowing you very well, I too was in shock when I read your post.
I too also thought you were a chick at one time.
Do you have a hot sister?

·
Registered
465 Posts
You got me as well! Here I am figuring out a radiator repair, and I thought a bit of dirt in yours was the last straw for you!

Stu

·
Registered Insane
290 Posts
This car ended up selling for $41k. It originally didn't meet the reserve and bidding stopped at $45k. Mecum probably dropped the sellers commission so he could net $41k and the buyer probably paid a 10% commission bringing the total price to $45k. Probably a pretty fair market value for the car assuming it is all up to date on service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts