The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2005 elise with an mp62 sc that I am running with a maxxecu stand alone. Right now I have a 3.4" pulley on there running 5 or 6 lbs of boost making 231 whp. Looking to switch to a smaller pulley in order to make more boost. I was wondering what the max psi I can safely make is and what size pulley would help me achieve this. I am not running an intercooler. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Acme Super Moderator The Enforcer
6,651 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2005 elise with an mp62 sc that I am running with a maxxecu stand alone. Right now I have a 3.4" pulley on there running 5 or 6 lbs of boost making 231 whp. Looking to switch to a smaller pulley in order to make more boost. I was wondering what the max psi I can safely make is and what size pulley would help me achieve this. I am not running an intercooler. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Get an intercooler. That will greatly increase your options. I'm not a fan of forced induction without an intercooler.

Give BOE a call. They'll give you the no-nonsense options. They'll also only sell you what you need, which is refreshing in this day and age.

San

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you go with a smaller pulley (3.2 or 3) on the MP62 without an intercooler, any gains you get will be negated by the heat produced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A 3" pulley is about as small as you can go which is about 8-10psi. Since you have a standalone I would suggest running E85 if you go down to a smaller pulley.
In addition, DRS makes a slick kit for pre-injection if your ECU can drive additional injectors. I think they were able to get around 300rwhp with this setup non-intercooled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts