The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start another thread for this, but I got an update that necessitates an immediate response. So, if anyone would like to purchase a Saffron Elise to be delivered in South Florida late October, no sport, no touring, no hardtop for $50K, contact me. If you want options, they can be added by Friday. You may contact me at [email protected]. Dealer will not allow any type of contract transfer, so you must buy from me immediately after car is delivered.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to pay sales tax and dealer fees which adds up to 45K. I was offered more than 50K before, but wasn't looking to unload then.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've got a car with a mid to late Oct delivery date (Sept build). The order was "locked" in July- no changes. If I wanted to make a change it would have pushed it out to Dec delivery. To recoup the out the door price plus any market rate profit will drive the price up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is being built in color blocks, as you know. The only option that would change delivery date would be color. The final order is being called in Friday. Touring, LSS, star shield and hardtop can all be added.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
SMYLGR8 said:
I have to pay sales tax and dealer fees which adds up to 45K. I was offered more than 50K before, but wasn't looking to unload then.
MSRP + destination $40,780

sales tax @ 6% $2447

total $43,227

what is this $1800 "dealer fee" you're talking about? :huh:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Talked to my dealer about dropping the touring pack. As it turn out it was a week after the Sept bulid had been "locked". They contacted Lotus, said they couldn't make any changes to Sept cars. Don't think it's likely Lotus can or will make a change for a car this close to production. Star shield, sure it's a port install. Hardtop maybe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, one more time. The order is going to be CONFIRMED ON FRIDAY. That's why he just called me because he wanted to give me the heads-up to make any changes. By monday, yes, it will be too late.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
OK, that's what the dealer as told you. From what I know and would expect from a car manufacturer find it doubtful. Just a heads up for anyone intrested and want to make a change. Hope it doesn't turn up to be a snag for them. :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
is it just me, or are there nearly as many elises for sale either by people who have "changed their mind" or by dealers ("extra cars")as there are elisetalk posters who have received their cars????

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ivan1 said:
is it just me, or are there nearly as many elises for sale either by people who have "changed their mind" or by dealers ("extra cars")as there are elisetalk posters who have received their cars????
Yeah, I was noticing that. I suspect that the market is going to soften up quite a bit in the next month. After labor day seems like a bad time to be selling such a car in all but the southwest, and I think a lot of people are going to be finding that even as a second or third car the elise is going to be too spartan for them. You may find a lot of people asking for more than MSRP, but I don't think we'll see too many sales for much above it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think EVL is right.

You E-bay flippers out there better hurry up and try to get your $ out now. Clock is ticking, and time is not on your side

1 - 20 of 25 Posts