The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I want this combo! Am I totally off in thinking of this setup. What do you guys think. Is there any pictures of any kind that show how this would look. It wouldnt be my first fashion faux pas. :D

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Saffron Yellow is only "recommended" with black cloth or black leather. As such, I think you'll have a tough time getting it with red leather. I think it will look hot, though. (literally!)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
you should be able to find some Z06 pics with this color combo.

"start your engines!" "would you like to super size your Elise?"

:eek:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
It looks good, except that I am unsure about the shade of red for the interior, the pictures don't do it justice and it looks a bit off.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I asked Clyde about the recommended color combos. These are in fact the only ones that will be available. It's just unmanageable and too expensive for Lotus to offer every possible combo. So if you get Saffron Yellow, as I plan to do, you get black.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
To quote Colonel Kurtz & Elmer Fudd:

"The horror, the horror..."

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok sooo red seats are out, that's one more step eliminated. I'm now thinking of Chrome Orange again, lol and with these wheels. I'm going nuts over this and I'm almost afraid of "the call" because I need to make a final decision. I know these wheels come in the proper offset too. Whatcha think

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's too bad they don't offer yellow seats. I may be in the minority on this one but I think it would look good.

David

·
Registered
25 Posts
RealDeal, I agree 100%

I'm suprised a yellow interior wasnt considered, especially when Saffron Yellow is a pretty popular exterior colour prefrence in the polls on this site. A yellow accented interior would look so sporty on an exterior colour as sporty as Saffron, and yellow would complement the lotus badging on other colours.

Personally, I wanted a yellow interior option to go with Storm Titanium. I think that'd look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I remember seeing some aftermarket companys website in that makes carbon fiber or colored door inserts, but I dont know if the specs are the same on the US doors.

Cant figure out why we cant order any of the available color interior seats and panels. Its not like they dont have them in stock and or it takes longer to put them in. If colors A, B. and C
are optional on a green car, they still have to get the color seat and interior panel you select out of the parts pin and install it. Its not like all cars come with only one standard seat color.

If we reallly wanted to be difficult we could ask for a smaller seat or differant color carpet or top from a Euro model be installed instead.

This is really pushing it-I wish we could get differant color dashes too. Is black the only color? I think a tan dash would go nice with tan leather seats, or a red dash on a silver or blue car with red leather would look sharp, but I know this would really delay production times.

I'm in the first 10 at my dealer so I have no choice but think that a year from now they might offer these options if enough people start commenting now- Thats how we got Chrome Orange.

I was debating the sport suspension and know I will have to make a decision and place my order in a few days and have thought up a new acronym for my dilema.

LOTUS- Last Opportunity To Upgrade Suspension

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Lotus picked the color combinations that they felt worked the best. And they are offering quite a few choices for the exterior/interior combos.

As I said, Clyde claims that it slows down the production line (hence, costs Lotus money) if there are too many combo choices. He said that it's faster to product 10 of this, 10 of that, etc., than it is to produce 2 of this, 2 of that, 2 of that, etc.

This may not be cast in stone, so you never know. But at the moment, that's how they seem to be thinking.

Re exterior colors, some colors have been discontinued in England, so we won't be getting them. The Lotus guys felt that we have been offered a huge range of colors, so we should be grateful. Clyde mentioned that there was quite a push for Lazer Blue, but so far it's not happening. I wouldn't count on any more color options, but again, you never know. Apparently some paint formulations require extra work to apply, hence the extra cost.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I can't argue with the point that they offer a fair number of colors. My issue is with their choice of colors to offer. Based on what I have seen on the forums, I doubt colors such as purple, bronze and Krypton green will be chosen by many. I haven't seen many saying they want nightfall blue either. It would seem there would be much more interest in ice blue and/or laser blue. But as you say, maybe there are other issues regarding these paints that are keeping Lotus from offering them to us...:mad:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Bronze looks surprisingly good in person (based on the mini-Lotus model), as Clyde mentioned some time ago. Purple also looks interesting, probably especially in sunlight. Krypton Green is the only color that I could never imagine owning, but probably will appeal to some in the younger age set. I did not think to ask how they arrived at the color selections.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
I know these wheels come in the proper offset too. Whatcha think

I think the spokes are too deeply inside the rim and too 'flat' to clear the front brake calipher even with the right offset.

If they can also make this wheel with the spokes against the outer edge of the rim then you ave a chance to make them fit.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
xxxotic said:
This is really pushing it-I wish we could get differant color dashes too. Is black the only color? I think a tan dash would go nice with tan leather seats, or a red dash on a silver or blue car with red leather would look sharp, but I know this would really delay production times.
You'd also be back here in no time complaining that you can't see anything out the windscreen when the sun shines into the car and the light dash reflects off the glass...

Light dashboards have been made illegal in europe for this reason.

Originally the S2 was supposed o have color-coded dash tops too, but the regulations made that impossible.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pretty well decided>>>

Saffron and have seats redone with yellow matching color inserts. Shop in Maryland does top work and several TT drivers have had them redo seats and door panels will different color inserts...and the TT is infinitely more difficult interior than Elise...so don't be put off from a color combo since changing the interior is workable and not that many $..
Michael

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Re: Pretty well decided>>>

michaelTT said:
Saffron and have seats redone with yellow matching color inserts. Shop in Maryland does top work and several TT drivers have had them redo seats and door panels will different color inserts...and the TT is infinitely more difficult interior than Elise...so don't be put off from a color combo since changing the interior is workable and not that many $..
Michael
Michael,

Are you leaving the black leather on the seat surface and replacing the cloth only? I'm probably going to leave the black and re-cover the surrounds in wine red leather.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not sure yet...

I need to spend more time looking at interior...seats in particular...to think about which way I would go... one option is to redo entire seat cover...black leather all around with a alcantra yellow insert. Also noticed the emergency brake does not come with a boot so might do that too (black and yellow combo). Need to ponder a bit more about door panels...I can see this all working in 'my minds eye' but need to spend more time looking at car to finalize. A red contrast would work too and with the leather samples I have from the shop I mentioned there are about 12 red color variants so one could be sure to get the corrert red to contrast the yellow.
M

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Arno said:
You'd also be back here in no time complaining that you can't see anything out the windscreen when the sun shines into the car and the light dash reflects off the glass...

Light dashboards have been made illegal in europe for this reason.

Originally the S2 was supposed to have color-coded dash tops too, but the regulations made that impossible.

Bye, Arno.
I made the mistake of putting ArmorAll (A vinyl protector spray that shines up things, mainly used on tyres-dont know if you have in in Europe) on my dash a few years ago, and the reflection was really bad. I guess a lot of people did this since they now make a non-shine version.

They make something called Plasicote? which is a type of paint you can use to change the color of vinyl dashboards. I have seen a lot of cars that have had their dashboards and interiors painted in the US, but its mainly done by young kids with japanese cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts