The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got a call from a Sales Person at Prestige Imports in Miami. They received a Saffron with Biscuit, Hardtop, touring pack and Star Shield. It is a customer car so I could not drive it. I got to drive the Demo at the Collection with LSS and was curious if the Touring Pack ride was a lot different. The Saffron is not what I expected, it looks like Taxi Cab Yellow.

Well if anybody is interested the Sales Rep. told me the owner might be willing to sell this car somewhere in the 60K range. I told him I will wait for mine before I pay that much for it.

Well they will have it in the Outside showroom for a few days if anybody wants to see it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Yup, it's been spoted on Ebay already.

Yellow and tan, not the best combo IMO, specially at 60K:rolleyes:

Edit: to answer your question.

Tomasp77, The touring pack is a radio upgrade, leather seats, sound dampening, different soft top (better insulation).

The Sport Suspension can be ordered with our without the touring pack.

People that don't have LSS seem to like it just fine. People that have tried the LSS swear by it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I love Saffron (better, since I'm getting it), but I don't think that biscuit works with it.

There is a racing green spot (#11 on a Los Angeles list) offered by a Randy!! And our Randy isn't posting here at the moment. Coincidence??

Actually, this Randy lists an 805 area code phone number (which would be Ventura County or other parts north, unlike our Randy who lives in San Diego area), so I'm guessing that he's on the Silver Star list, although it could be San Luis Obispo. Since he's projecting a September delivery, SLO doesn't seem likely.

If this is for real, seems like you would need dealer cooperation to complete the transaction. More fun and games.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Miguel said:
Yup, it's been spoted on Ebay already.

Thanks for the heads up. That is funny that he never mentioned to me this car was up on EBAY.

These guys are just sneaky. They never took any deposits. When I was up there in January they said they were not going to take deposits for this car. I may be farther down the list at the Collection but they assured me I will pay MSRP.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
jml1952 said:
And our Randy isn't posting here at the moment. Coincidence??
FWIW, I am finally back in town. A little delayed when the guy disconnected the electrical service cable for our take off, smashed a wind speed sensor on the plane. A few hours later... a new plane.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I'd like to add a special thank you to Lotus Cars USA and Hethel for allowing unethical dealerships to manipulate your consumers and bully us off their lists, weasel their way out of promises, and go sell their first cars on ebay @ 20k over MSRP, completely ignoring their contracts.

The aforementioned activity is a shining example to the fact that we, your customers, are meaningless figures. Well I'll tell you what: I FOR ONE WOULD RATHER BE SEEN AS A PERSON. I know I've cried about it enough already, but I'm going to say again that I'm absolutely infuriated not only by the way that I was treated by that dealer, but by the fact that Lotus neither offered to do anything about it NOR even acknowledged my complaint!

:no: :no: :no:

Someone at Lotus please explain to me how could you allow a customer to be treated like this by a dealership and turn a blind eye to it? Anyone there? Anyone care? Just wondering...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
What would you think Lotus USA should do about a dealer that decides to keep a few spots on the list for their own profit? Keep in mind that Lotus USA and the dealer have a binding contract about allocations.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
What would you think Lotus USA should do about a dealer that decides to keep a few spots on the list for their own profit? Keep in mind that Lotus USA and the dealer have a binding contract about allocations.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Randy,

The issue here isn't about "keeping a few spots on the list for profit." It's about fulfillment of agreements. I think that Lotus should strong-arm the dealerships into fulfilling their contracts - written AND verbal - by whatever means they can. I honestly don't know what Lotus can do by law, but I believe that Prestige has represented the marque poorly in my case.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>The issue here isn't about "keeping a few spots on the list for profit." It's about fulfillment of agreements. I think that Lotus should strong-arm the dealerships into fulfilling their contracts - written AND verbal - by whatever means they can. I honestly don't know what Lotus can do by law, but I believe that Prestige is representing the marque poorly. PS - Even if Lotus never did **** about Prestige, they could have offered me an apology - or in the very least even just an acknowledgement.<<<

I can tell you that Lotus USA *is* trying to prevent/reduce such behavior and that they *do* want true Lotus nuts to own, drive and appreciate these great machines. There can't be everywhere at all times. And some of their efforts are not public. They did try to help out on a matter I was involved in, as did the dealer. I didn't wind up with a car, but I'm happy they did what they could.

Stan

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Allocations for how long? At some point, there will be negotiations for future allocations. Dealers could expect to be rewarded or penalized for their past actions, depending on how Lotus chooses to view them, if Lotus is inclined to deal with this issue.

Perhaps it's only a small fraction of the cars and Lotus doesn't care. Perhaps this happens with every hot car. Perhaps Lotus doesn't have the power to control it. Perhaps the dealers are right to sell cars at a markup if only to prevent more speculators from doing so (as much as I hate the markup, I would prefer to see the dealers make the profit rather than slimy speculators).

Personally, I think it is wrong for the dealers to extort an extra profit just because the car is new and hot. I think it is wrong for speculators to clog up the lists for the sole purpose of flipping cars for profit. I think it is wrong for dealers to be selling cars to each other on the black market rather than sending those cars to their customers. It's tolerable if only a small percentage of the cars are involved, but it's still wrong.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HOw on earth would Lotus police something like what a dealer does/does not do with some of their cars? I guess they could read the latest threads on etalk, but sometimes info has been known to be a bit distorted.;)

Chris;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
HOw on earth would Lotus police something like what a dealer does/does not do with some of their cars? I guess they could read the latest threads on etalk, but sometimes info has been known to be a bit distorted.;)

Chris;)
Well, Lotus jumped in pretty quickly to get Fox to pull the car off Ebay, so they seem to be able to respond to certain situations. They certainly can track cars that are being swapped around and they could talk to customers or read forum postings or look on Ebay to get an idea of how many cars are being diverted to the black market.

But it's true that it may not be possible to track all of the shady dealings or do anything about them. However, sometimes just showing concern and investigating things with the threat of reprisals is enough to keep people in check. Worth a try, if Lotus cares. If not, greed certainly will motivate many to keep doing all of these wonderful things. And few of us will give up the car just to make a point (certainly not I), especially one that would be lost on most people.

My new mantra: Look out for number one and let the chips fall where they may.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think you can get that car at Prestige for less than 60K. They aren't marking it up, the owner of the car wants to sell it at market price. I would be interested if it had sport package and black interior. I have to agree with others, yellow/biscuit just doesn't look good. Hmmm maybe that's why the owner is selling it?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
prestige's car?

Later Apex said:
I think you can get that car at Prestige for less than 60K. They aren't marking it up, the owner of the car wants to sell it at market price. I would be interested if it had sport package and black interior. I have to agree with others, yellow/biscuit just doesn't look good. Hmmm maybe that's why the owner is selling it?
wasn't someone suggesting that the car at prestige that the "owner" wants to sell is actually owned by prestige or someone "very close" to them???

it wouldn't surprise me....

#51 and who knows when it will be ordered....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts