The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either my expectations weren't sufficiently high enough or maybe I did not want to have great expections unrealized but I have to say the body work and paint quality on the SY Elise is superb (can not speak for the other colors because I have not really looked that carefully...when detailing a car you sorta get real personal with it :eek: ) People have described the finish as 'rich', 'thick', 'deep' or 'creamy' I have now been next to other yellow cars... BMW, S2000, Murcieaglo, SLK, Vette and SSR... SY makes most of the others looks pale or unrich..closest is Sunburst Yellow on the SLK but still not quite as nice or rich.

And finish is great and really finishes up nicely...hell more than nice... did the HD Cleanser and Zymol Creme... whoa!

Anyway...for those who continue to wait for their Elise...enjoy the expectations because you will receive a most just reward for patience...

·
Registered
78 Posts
True that Michael,

I love Saffron Yellow, looks fantastic on the Elise, one of the best colors IMO.

Especially the Exige
:bow:

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! very nice on the Exige>>

and the one option I wish the Fed Elise had was the anodized black alloys...I think that is such a stellar look:up:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah the black wheels, black grills, black front splitter and rear spoiler all come together to make a lovely car. Looks mean for sure.

Although It does look great in this combo aswell....:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My Saffron Yellow car is on a boat, so I keep visiting the "demo" in the Silver Star showroom. Of course, I totally agree that the color is sensational.

I love the standard wheels and would have no interest in black. Also no interest in Lightning Yellow - the Euro-spec car was far too pale for me.

Haven't seen one in person, but I suspect that Lazer Blue will grab my attention.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The present newest Lotus accessory catalog>>

references verbally but not pictorially two "alternative Roadwheels" for the Fed Elise... one is 'painted' the other is 'anodised'...since no pic is included no clue of their appearance:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts