The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and looked but I can not find a picture of a Saffron Yellow Elise with Saffron Yellow wheels the standard ones, not the LSS or any after market wheels. Or anyone good at Photoshopping? I tried and it was horrible. :) Here is a random (and old) picture of mine with the current wheel color. Feel free to use a better picture of another Saffron Yellow with out without the hard top as I have one too. I don't have any good recent pictures from the side with these wheels and I can't take any right now since my car is not fully assembled at the moment. I don't feel like black and I am getting bored of the current color and gunmetal and the others seem equally boring to me. I also don't want to change the wheels, just possibly paint them. It might look great or hideous which is why I am looking for a picture if I can get one before taking the time and materials to paint them and regretting it later. I also don't want multi color rims or polished lips on this car.

Lotus-at-Cottage.jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
eew.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Tonka Toys comes to mind - both pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the pictures - except for the puke picture as that was nasty :thwack:. It looks like they will stay silver for a while. Painting the lip on this style wouldn't work too well IMO as there is not a clear enough separation between the spokes and the lip. I thought about painting them Graphite Grey but changed my mind when I saw the color next to Saffron. I do have an extra front rim so if anything ever does sound good I can always paint just it and see.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Chuck....these don't have 'so much' yellow in them.....just trying to help.

-poke-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too much black considering the tires are black. From a distance the tires and rims blend together to form large black circles which is not the look I want right now. I also don't like stripes or pinstripes so that will never happen. I am just looking for something different that goes with the car that can be done to my rims. I can do any color I just can't think of any good ideas for some reason. Red would probably look as bad as post number 2 and I only considered it because of the tail lights. White is boring and would look horrible with all of the brake dust.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Yes agreed the black pack on a yellow looks very wicked indeed :clap: , like an angry wasp or hornet !

·
Registered
753 Posts
That is a tough one Chuck. Why not ask a P-chopper to give you some alternate colors for the wheels.

Personally I like the black wheels but understand where you are coming from with too much black. Maybe black with a yellow pin stripe???

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Too much black considering the tires are black. From a distance the tires and rims blend together to form large black circles which is not the look I want right now. I also don't like stripes or pinstripes so that will never happen. I am just looking for something different that goes with the car that can be done to my rims. I can do any color I just can't think of any good ideas for some reason. Red would probably look as bad as post number 2 and I only considered it because of the tail lights. White is boring and would look horrible with all of the brake dust.

So how about gun-metal type of color or just a lighter version of that color? :p

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how about gun-metal type of color or just a lighter version of that color? :p
I was thinking of maybe a darker silver with a higher flake content. I just did a set in Quicksilver FX Met for my Supra when I had to buy a new rim thanks to Chicago potholes and have a quart of material left over as it covered twice as well as I thought it would. Here is a picture of a Graphite Grey Lotus part on top of my Quicksilver FX Met Supra to give you an idea of what I was thinking of color wise. Quicksilver FX Met is a great color for a set of rims and I think it is a much better color than the Hi Power Silver like they are now. You can see tons of flake in the paint but it seems like a lot of work for a relatively minor color change and to eliminate a few scratches. Free paint is my kind of price though, minus the primer and clear of course.

Graphite-Grey-with-Quicksil.jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts
That is just wrong.
Yellow and blue really go well together if you are looking into some funky color on your car.
Check this.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Bright coloured wheels is more of a JDM trend than actually trying to style a car properly.

That's not to say I don't think it's awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts