The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three and a half years of fun and fulfilling ownership, my Elise is off on its next big adventure, with a new owner I met here on Lotus Talk. I am glad to have found someone who appreciates the car as much as I do and who will take good care of it. It will be missed. Meanwhile, yes, I went to the dark side... A shiny silver Porsche Boxster with red leather interior is being built just for me this summer. Should be done in a couple of weeks and coming home in September. But, perhaps there will be another Lotus in my future! Who knows, maybe Lotus will build a car in the spirit of the sixties Élan Roadsters. Now that would be something!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Good luck with your new car. It's a terrific machine, and you will no doubt enjoy it.

What were the main reasons you made the change?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with your new car. It's a terrific machine, and you will no doubt enjoy it.

What were the main reasons you made the change?
The two biggest ones were personal health problems, and an aging Dad that could no longer ride in the Elise. He loves sports cars (well, me too!) so I wanted something we could drive in together and possibly go for a longer distance to the beach, etc. the Elise just doesn't have the trunk space for two reasonably sized carry-ons... The Boxster has cavernous space in comparison. I test drove one, and it is awesome, but I will always miss the Elise. I am sure I will love the new car once I get a chance to drive it, and I will be able to drive it a lot more often than I did the Lotus.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You will love the Boxster, much better can than most people think. I had a 1998 for 9 years. I just traded it in on a 348 Spider, but still really miss my Boxster. You will love it and the red interior will be fantastic!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Boxter -vs- Elise

99.5% of the Performance
130% of the Luxury.

At this point in your life You chose wisely.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^^^^ :wave: ^^^^^^^^
Thanks! Really looking forward to it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good luck with the Boxster, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've done just the opposite, I sold my Porsche 997 last week and picked up an Elise SC. I had an 05 a few years ago and have been missing it, when a local SC came up for sale I had to have it.

So if you've gone to the dark side does that mean I've come back to the light? :D

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Congrats! That new boxster is an incredible machine and the looks are nice too (like a mini CGT). The only bad thing is if you got some options it easily costs the same as 2 used Elises.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Ummmm can't say i'd do the same thing if i were you.

Maybe if it was the boxter spyder.
I think the new Boxster will be every bit as good as the 987 Spyder. Also the spyder isn't the best pick for good ride quality for his dad and the top is a whole lot less useful for trips etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I must have done things backwards, I guess. Traded my 2001 boxster s for my Elise. I do love the looks of the new boxsters!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The new ones are pretty awesome. I'd like to trade my Elise in for one but the Elise is paid for lol. I can't justify the big new shiny payment to go along with the new shiny car.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Good luck, wish you the best mike.
btw I took over from Mike~!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wait a minute! You have Mike's now? Congratulations:clap:

·
Premium Member
6,244 Posts
You traitor--->should have gone with Evora for the ride and comfort factor you were looking for. Enjoy??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts