The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 19 months of ownership, 6,000 miles & around 9 track days the Exige was loaded on a trailer today and sent on its way.

At the end of the day the lack of a good dealer or indy shop nearby coupled with a desire for something faster for the big Texas tracks persuaded me to part with it. Still shopping for a replacement.

Fun while it lasted.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Sorry to hear that. But sounds like you had fun, and hope she's off to a good home.

Are you looking for a dedicated track car, or dual pubic road/track car. Just curious.

·
Registered
244 Posts
^All nice choices. Those would be definitely be nice upgrades. It is very difficult to match the driving experience of the Lotus, IMO.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
In stock trim the 2007-8 Exige S leaves much on the table.
Did you drive a modified Exige with say Penske or Nitron dampers
and more horsepower? I bought my S240 2008 in stock trim and
it drove like a pig compared to what it is today.
-Robert

·
Registered
760 Posts
You mentioned the power thing, did you feel like you outgrew the Exige at the track? Or are you just looking for a car with a higher baseline?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the replacement on Friday. Definitely not as raw (but what is aside from maybe a 4C?), but fun in a different way:

With its new stablemate:

You mentioned the power thing, did you feel like you outgrew the Exige at the track? Or are you just looking for a car with a higher baseline?
No, there was definitely still room to improve.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice. How does it compare? Interested to hear your comparisons. I've found it hard to fathom a car that offers the same driving experience as the Exige...

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,525 Posts
That is so adult of you man !

I couldn't do it. I love the Exige S too much. It's just the perfect edge. I know it's the adolescent in me. He won't shut up. I am at 290Whp so there is that.

I would love a Evora S to mod fast. I just will have to wait a year or two longer... It's the best time to sell an S2 Exige, and the market sooner or later will drop. I might kick myself then,but probably not.

Disclaimer: All bets are off if/ when the V6 Exige arrives.

·
Registered
244 Posts
^^True. I would love the Evora 400 but it's too expensive, and I'd imagine the V6 Exige would be a similar price point

1 - 20 of 22 Posts