The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few sets of black wheel badges. I was going to a group buy, but instead I'm just going to say $40 a set till they're gone! (+$2 shipping) They are black on brushed aluminum with a thick urethane resin over them.

Paypal address is in signature.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wheels were so filthy that I tried to clean them up before a quick photo. Who would think spray detailer would rust them that fast, but it does. I'll need to get a better picture later. Of course that would involve having my car back from the dealer, who has had it over a week and I haven't heard a thing from them. :(
I'm paying for a Lotus, and driving their loaner 03 Mercury Sable!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
are they the ones that stick out like on early touring wheels?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They go over the stock ones, and will work on the flush mount or the ones that stick out. This is the only size I have, I did not make these. I have the ability to make custom sizes but the detail in the ACBC is so small in these that it it difficult. I have a few custom doming projects on the table and just haven't had time to get to them (Carbon Cayman badge, etc)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im confused are these replacements or do you attach them on top. looks good thanks.
SweetDaddyD said:
They go over the stock ones, and will work on the flush mount or the ones that stick out.
-poke-

If you want to peel your stock ones off the plastic plug that goes into the wheel and put these in their place, than I guess you could do that as well.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the pics. I've got plenty left guys.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, I think a smart car is sneaking up behind you.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are slightly smaller at 2 inches. So I guess they would probably work but you would have a .15 inch outline around the outside of them. I think they will work on the curve if you have everything really clean with alcohol and warm up the surface and them a little bit with a hairdryer.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zed, I see you have linked to me on the Australian forum and read the post there. At this time I'm not doing the nose badges but can do a rear badge, it will be in a very similar fashion to the wheel badges, just slightly larger. I could also do these in custom color combinations.

Until he runs out I would probably go with Tricksters nose and tail emblems, as at this time mine do not have the chrome base like his. (for the US people reading this BWR supplies Tricksters nose and rear emblems in the US, and people have been very happy with their quality. I've seen them myself and can vouge for it) With them already meeting the demand for this product I have not seen a need to look into it as I think the investment would be significant.

As far as adhesion issues, I have had no problems or complaints. In fact if you want to take them off you will find it takes considerable effort. These were made to be used outdoors on an automotive application. It would not surprise me if lower cost ones are found out there they may be using cheaper materials.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts