The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent the past week in the SLC area of Utah visiting my girlfriend's family. We're not planning a move out here, but I keep wondering two things that circle the idea of bringing the Elise out sometime: it seems like the driveways and entrances are very likely to scrape; and are there any roads worth driving out here anyway? Mostly I've found interstates and 25mph canyon park roads. Oh and the borrowed Avalon always scrapes. What are the hidden gems?

·
Registered
310 Posts
There are SO MANY great driving roads in the Salt Lake City area. You just have to be willing to drive 20 miles or so out of the valley and instantly you can be into some pretty cool places with little traffic, nice twists, and limited amount of patrol cars.

I do a monthly drive with a local Exotics club where we typically have anywhere from 12 - 24 cars of all types (Ferrari, Lotus, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ford GT's, etc.) Next time you are in town bring your Lotus and hit me up. I will take you on some great roads.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I kept looking up at the mountains thinking, "There have to be some good roads up there." I'm hoping to drive out to Utah and California several times over the next year, I'll look you up before the next trip.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I now live in central Utah (about 2 hours drive south of SLC) but grew up in Northern Utah and can tell you of many worthwhile trips all over the state. If you want to stay close to SLC I'd recommend putting up through Morgan and Huntsville then heading back into Ogden over the North Ogden Divide. Provo canyon to Heber will be a fun drive through once the road maintenance is completed.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I've spent the past week in the SLC area of Utah visiting my girlfriend's family. We're not planning a move out here, but I keep wondering two things that circle the idea of bringing the Elise out sometime: it seems like the driveways and entrances are very likely to scrape; and are there any roads worth driving out here anyway? Mostly I've found interstates and 25mph canyon park roads. Oh and the borrowed Avalon always scrapes. What are the hidden gems?
I have no idea where we were, except that my buddy Bill (who lived in Heber then) took us up above Sundance somewhere when I went to buy my Elise at Park City. Curvey roads, nice mix of deep forest and open mountain views.

Pix:

IMG_0687 by philethier, on Flickr

Phil's Elise - Park City Utah Trip 053 by philethier, on Flickr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts