The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
!!!!UPDATE!!!!

When - February 7th.

The proposed route will once again take us East from Mesa toward Superior, turning north to SRC, to Show Low, West to Payson, and South back into the valley.
It is approximately 325 miles round trip, about 6 hours drive time.

We will meet at 7:45AM at the Starbucks at 1641 South Stapley in Mesa. It is just off the 60 on the SE corner by the movie theater.
Departure time for 8AM sharp, so please be gassed up and ready to go by then.

Map to Starbucks Below.

starbucks 1641 S Stapley Dr, Mesa, AZ 85204 - Google Maps

Think its about time for a fun run! Just throwing this out there! Thinking of doing salt river canyon, suggesting Feb 7th or 8? Any takers?

·
Registered
123 Posts
IN!!!!!!!!!!

Sundays work better for me but if everyone wants to do Saturday I guess i could shut down the shop to come along! :shift:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds great! I have never been on that road. Either day would work for me. Count me in!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just picked up my Elise last Friday so I'm definitely down for a drive next weekend. Sunday would probably work better for me since I might be out on travel but I'm pretty flexible so whatever works best for everyone.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I think I can make it.

When and where do we start?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'll have to tag along next time. Andy's going to have my car in a million pieces. rotfl

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so looks like the majority wants Sat! will that work for everyone! I will post offical meet up address but its roughly I-60 and stapley, southeast corner at start bucks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
!!!!UPDATE!!!!

When - February 7th.

The proposed route will once again take us East from Mesa toward Superior, turning north to SRC, to Show Low, West to Payson, and South back into the valley.
It is approximately 325 miles round trip, about 6 hours drive time.

We will meet at 7:45AM at the Starbucks at 1641 South Stapley in Mesa. It is just off the 60 on the SE corner by the movie theater.
Departure time for 8AM sharp, so please be gassed up and ready to go by then.

Map to Starbucks Below.

starbucks 1641 S Stapley Dr, Mesa, AZ 85204 - Google Maps

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry I'll have to miss this one. It's a family thing.
My parents anniversary is on Feb 7th, and my Dad died last July...:( so we're going down to Tucson so that my Mom won't have to spend her anniversary alone.:)

Perhaps they'll be another ride somewhere-in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, have a great ride and take some good pictures... then post them here!
:shift:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hell's YEah!!! I'm getting excited! Where is everyone else at? Sweet Drive and what should be perfect weather, there should be like 30 cars on this drive!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Hell's YEah!!! I'm getting excited! Where is everyone else at? Sweet Drive and what should be perfect weather, there should be like 30 cars on this drive!
Not sure about "perfect weather"... looks like it might rain. Here's the forecast for Globe...

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. South wind between 6 and 13 mph.

Saturday Night: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Low around 38. Southwest wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

... and here's the forecast for Show Low...

Saturday: A slight chance of rain showers before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 6700 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. South southwest wind between 11 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain showers before 11pm, then snow showers. Snow level 7000 feet lowering to 6000 feet. Low around 26. South southwest wind between 5 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

... and Payson...

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. South southeast wind between 3 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Rain showers, mainly after 11pm. Snow level 6400 feet lowering to 5500 feet. Low around 34. South southwest wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

*information obtained from NOAA's National Weather Service

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been watching the weather also. My plan is to come down from Prescott in the very early morning to meet at Starbucks, do the drive to Payson, then when everyone heads south I will continue west back to Prescott.

It looks like our weather is going to be about the same or just a bit worse than Payson's. I am sure Chad would have a great time in the wet with the STI! Unfortunately, if the forecast doesn't change for the better, I may just see everyone on the next drive.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I am sure Chad would have a great time in the wet with the STI!.
STI? :shrug: Chad is joining a Lotus ride in a 4WD Subee, while the rest of us slip and slide in the rain on Yokohamas? That's not fair!:p

·
Registered
202 Posts
So I guess the hardtop stays on the car...

·
Registered
123 Posts
STI? :shrug: Chad is joining a Lotus ride in a 4WD Subee, while the rest of us slip and slide in the rain on Yokohamas? That's not fair!:p
Sorry Mike, a few new guys came in and bought all my pre-owned Lotus' so I have nothing to drive. I can't put any more miles on my Orange Exige either or I would take that.

Think about it this way though, if some one gets stuck I can pull them out rotfl

1 - 20 of 43 Posts