The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is for sale on ebay for low $20k. Very minor damage to front clam and the suspension looks torqued up alittle. Both very easy fixes.......until you read that the upper control arm has been completely ripped off the frame. According to seller, easy fix right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Elise pricing climbing it may be tempting to jump on this car. For anyone thinking on buying this car, this is not an easy fix and some would argue it is not fixable at all.

If you do buy it then I have first dibs on the seats when you decide to part it out.

Lotus Elise Roadster Elise Convertible Touring PW Leather | eBay

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,690 Posts
:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yep......JUMP on that deal !!!!! :huh:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whattttt ". It's an easy fix !!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lesson to anyone looking to jump on a deal.......do not trust anyone or make any decision on a wrecked or suspect Lotus without checking with this group at LT

The collective knowledge of what these guys know about these stupid cars is really amazing. If you listen to them you will rarely go wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I don't know why so many people are looking at Salvages lately?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I don't know why so many people are looking at Salvages lately?
100% agree

but i think that the general demographic of new owners is getting younger (as the cost of elige ownership becomes more realistic)... it seems more of those in the late teens/early 20's feel they can afford to finally buy an elige.

what they don't understand is often the risk to save a few grand is simply not worth buying these salvaged cars & taking a chance on the unknown...

this isn't a '94 honda civic were talking about anymore, but when you're young & foolish you often make these kind of financial risks

a good rule to follow on specialty cars like Lotus offers (& honestly, all automotives in general) is if you cant afford a clean titled one, then you certainly cant afford to fix a salvaged one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts