The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one you do not see often. There is a salvage Exige on Coparts out of California being auctioned off. Check it out

Copart

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's Aubergine Purple, too! I think there were only 3 of those in the US. Hope the driver was OK - looks like a big hit.

I hope it's not the one Formula313 bought - http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/sold-2006-aubergine-purple-lotus-exige-162681/ - the miles and Difflow diffuser match, but no posts about that VIN besides a previous sale in 2007.

Looks like it had an aftermarket exhaust and some other parts that were already pulled.

·
Registered
375 Posts
is it me, or does copart always seem like a scam?
It's definitely you, Copart by no means is a scam, it simply is what it is,it sells cars that have been previously in an accident that Insurance companies bring there to sell to the highest bidder, buyers either by these cars to fix them up or use them as part cars to fix up other vehicles.

I personally have bought many cars from there,
including when you see in my avatar.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Bummer

What a bummer he only had it 3 months.

Did you notice all the tires are unidirectional and their on the wrong way :huh:

If this crash was in the rain and a tire shop installed these wheels I'd hold the tire shop responsible.

:sad:

I PM'd the buyer

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a bummer he only had it 3 months.

Did you notice all the tires are unidirectional and their on the wrong way :huh:

If this crash was in the rain and a tire shop installed these wheels I'd hold the tire shop responsible.

:sad:
Lotus Talk guys are absolutely amazing when it comes to catching little things like this. You are absolutely right, tires where installed incorrectly and if the owner notified his insurance company of that, they would most likely subrogate the claim back to the tire shop insurance policy. He could then get his deductible back as well as have the claim removed as chargeable to him.

If anyone out ther knows the owner of this car, you should give him a heads up.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I also noticed the tires are facing the wrong way. I also noticed the wheels are different than the other exige listed in this thread.
Tail lights are also tinted.

Could be the new owner ordered a wheel/tire set and put them on backwards?

Regardless, unidirectional tires should not be on a car that way.
Hope all involved are ok…
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
463 Posts
It was my car.
A woman failed to yield at a light and clipped my front end as a swerved to avoid her I ended up going thru a gate a large billboard and into a residence. Thank god the car weighs nothing otherwise I could have hurt the people in the house. Trust me I was so rediculously bummed about this, I just got the car to running order and the built k20 was going in. It really sucks, I think I'm going to stay out of the lotus game for a minute. My body hurts lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
408 Posts
It was my car.
A woman failed to yield at a light and clipped my front end as a swerved to avoid her I ended up going thru a gate a large billboard and into a residence. Thank god the car weighs nothing otherwise I could have hurt the people in the house. Trust me I was so rediculously bummed about this, I just got the car to running order and the built k20 was going in. It really sucks, I think I'm going to stay out of the lotus game for a minute. My body hurts lol

I am glad that you are fine.
It is quite sad to see another Lotus being destroyed. RIP...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That's unfortunate that happened to your car, but fortunate you weren't seriously injured.
What was the deal with the backwards tires?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It was my car.

Sorry to see this! You got such a great deal on that car. I hope the insurance company made you whole. RIP AP :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts