The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ever do anything during the week? I'll be in S.A. starting monday night. will be doing all the Tourist things during the days, but figured I'd see if anyone does anything in the evenings that I might find amusing.

Also looking for a 3M dealer to do Crystalline tint in San Antonio while I'm there if possible. If anyone has a suggestion or two?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I go out to eat with my wife quite a bit and would be more than happy to grab a dinner in Austin some time. We might be able to stop by Harris Hill Road (between Austin and S.A.) for a few laps during one of those days.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...we may be having our seasonal ACBC meeting wednesday night, but i don't know whether that qualifies as "fun" so much as lotus-related - most events take place on the weekends, unfortunately...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...we may be having our seasonal ACBC meeting wednesday night, but i don't know whether that qualifies as "fun" so much as lotus-related - most events take place on the weekends, unfortunately...
ACBC? Yeah I wish I could stay longer, b/c I'd kill to goto the HPDE @ H2R in my Lotus.

I'll bring the Lotus as long as my brake pads get here in time (cross your fingers for me). They shipped friday, so they should I bet.

I go out to eat with my wife quite a bit and would be more than happy to grab a dinner in Austin some time. We might be able to stop by Harris Hill Road (between Austin and S.A.) for a few laps during one of those days.
That'd be killer. I've never driven on a track. Only Autox. In W. Texas there are no tracks >1/4 mile long. (except the rattlesnake @ Chaparral cars, but they don't let common folk on there anymore.) I rode in a friends Turbo Miata, and it was absolutely thrilling.

You should stop by the dealership and check us out!
If I make it up to Austin, I will definitely go by the new dealership. I'm staying in S.A. Crowne Plaza IIRC.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back to the window tint. Anyone have any positive experiences w/ window tint shops in San Antonio? I"m specifically looking for someone to do 3M crystalline. but I'm about to give up.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...ah, yes - there are a couple of folks in the ACBC club who had their windows tinted last year, but i'll have to check my email archives at home to get you that information...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...ah, yes - there are a couple of folks in the ACBC club who had their windows tinted last year, but i'll have to check my email archives at home to get you that information...
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is ACBC?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It's the initials of Colin Chapman's full name and the abbreviation of the Alamo City British Car club.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's the initials of Colin Chapman's full name and the abbreviation of the Alamo City British Car club.
ahhh, Alamo city. ok. thanks.

Why does every shop I call get confused when I mention Crystalline?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
3M Crystalline Tint in San Antonio

Why does every shop I call get confused when I mention Crystalline?
...i'm not sure - perhaps it's a premium product and most shops use more common/inexpensive suppliers?..regardless, here are two san antonio tint shops used by ACBC members last year - no idea whether they offer 3M crystalline or not...

Recommended by fastfred
Auto Xtras
9515 San Pedro Avenue
San Antonio 78216
(800)5118169

Recommended by ggeorgie
Alamo Auto Sound and Security
1806 MucCullough Avenue
San Antonio 78212
(210)7378252

...lotus of san antonio can set you up with the latter while you're in town, if you call ahead...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts