The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just trying to gauge interest in starting a Cars and Coffee meet in San Antonio. This type of event is becoming more popular in other cities and I'd like to know if anyone here would be interested.

Basically the meet would be on the last Saturday of the month at a coffee shop in the morning starting around 8 or 9 to talk cars and hang out. The Porsche Club and MG Club have already said they are interested and I am contacting the Viper Club, Corvette Club, Mustang Club, S2000 Club and European Car Club. Also trying to find the Ferrari guys but haven't had any luck.

Ideally I'd like to set this up somewhere off Loop 1604 between IH-1O AND Hwy 281.

Luis
President of the San Antonio Nissan Z Club

·
2006 SportElise #9
268 Posts
Contact ...m..., he is the executive director for ACBC Club. We are having our meeting tonight and I will bring this up to him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are going to give it a shot.

What: Cars and Coffee
When: July 25th @ 9:30am
Where: Starbucks @ Loop 1604 and Blanco (Next to the Jim's)
Why: Meet Local Car Enthusiasts
Who: Any car enthusiast-Invited the Porsche Club, Lotus Club, Mustang Club, Corvette Club, European Car Club, MG Club, Viper Club, S2000 Guys and the Nissan Z Club.

·
Registered
821 Posts
that's cool. If you want some rice, could post it on Fueljunkie.com (local site for you guys).

there are some nice ppl on that forum. and some strange ducks.

EDIT someone already did

If any Lotus guys go, and you see a ~20 yr old Asian chick(may have a 5 mo. old on her arm), her name is Lisa. give her a ride if you don't mind. she's been wanting one for some time from me...but 6hrs away....and no lotus on last trip to S.A. I know she'll be eyeing the Lotus cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This morning I woke up freakishly early to prepare my car for an event that had no sure promise. I didn't know whether to expect a rev competition of ricer burners with cherry bomb mufflers or a respectable event with enthusiasts of all sorts. As it turned out, the event proved to be worth while. All attendees seemed to be motor sport loving individuals, as someone like I would hope for. There were plenty of noises, but not the type you hear from low riders blasting woofers in the trunk. There were some awesome sounding cars like a new model Corvette with a blown supercharged 427 under the hood, and a Cobra 427 nicely finished in chrome. Plenty of Nissan Z cars and Honda S2k with respectable upgrades, but not the ricer type of think. It was good to see some foreign cars. All of the above, combined with wide variety of Porsche, Lotus and MG cars filled the parking lot.

So all in all it was a very respectable event. Here are pictures from the morning. It's nice to be able to walk into the Starbucks next door, grab a quick frappuccino and go back out to meet up with other enthusiasts.

With that said, here are my Lotus pictures from today. For more pictures, see my post on FerrariChat.
[SA] Cars and Coffee This Saturday | 9.30 AM July 25 - FerrariChat.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...welcome aboard the ban-train, luis!..

^ I've been banned for life from Ferrari Chat for posting about the Cars and Coffee meet rotfl
...don't feel badly; they issued me a formal warning for merely asking why they censor the word 'eurosunday'...

...ferrarichat is a private for-profit forum which heavily discourages use by non-paying members and zealously bans any non-sponsor event promotion...most of the moderators and heavy users there view any sort of community event with great suspicion as a profit-making venture, and particularly the phrases 'cars and coffee' and 'eurosunday' have become sensitive issues since the trademarked franchises began promoting globally-branded exotic/european/sportscar cruise-ins...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If any Lotus guys go, and you see a ~20 yr old Asian chick(may have a 5 mo. old on her arm), her name is Lisa. give her a ride if you don't mind. she's been wanting one for some time from me...but 6hrs away....and no lotus on last trip to S.A. I know she'll be eyeing the Lotus cars.
...crikey, i forgot to look for lisa - was she there?..we're running a spirited drive tomorrow morning and i'd be happy to take her along if she's interested...

·
Registered
17 Posts
^ I've been banned for life from Ferrari Chat for posting about the Cars and Coffee meet rotfl
Haha, I was wondering what happened to your thread. The ban probably had something to do with the fact that you were an unknown user to the site, using your first post as a promotion for the event. As per the terms of service:

"Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, MLM, activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion)."
:sad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Pics:
Not bad for the first time trying this. We will definitely have a better location for next time.
You must have been the guy with the big DSLR Camera. Nice pictures! The bright sunlight was irritating my abilities to take high quality pictures with my point and shoot. Makes me miss my DSLR with a nice polarizer....

Looking back at my pictures, was the silver 300ZX with the huge twin turbos yours?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Great pictures; thanks for sharing. Next time I'll have to wake up for this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You must have been the guy with the big DSLR Camera. Nice pictures! The bright sunlight was irritating my abilities to take high quality pictures with my point and shoot. Makes me miss my DSLR with a nice polarizer....

Looking back at my pictures, was the silver 300ZX with the huge twin turbos yours?
No mine was this one:

I also have a Red 300ZX TT that I am putting back together :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
No mine was this one:

I also have a Red 300ZX TT that I am putting back together :D
My uncle used to have a 300ZX TT that he always tells me stories about. He sure enjoyed it, even in the light of his recently departed Viper GTS. Now he's in search of a nice 350z for fun commuting... :bow:

Next time I see your car, I'll try to drop by and say hi.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...he let the viper go?..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts