The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carpe Diem!
Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year - what better opportunity to experience your car the way it was meant to be driven? Join us for one of the Hill Country's most glorious runs next Sunday, June 21, at dawn.

Note the new location - we'll meet beside Chevron at Stone Oak Parkway and Huebner Road 5.47 AM, and will leave promptly at 6.07 AM. Civil dawn departure is essential to beat the heat, literally and figuratively - this is really worth waking early for.

You're Invited.
Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars. Our spirited tour will cover approximately 260 miles in four to five hours, driven conservatively. Maps will be distributed before our departure Sunday morning.

Feel free to pass along this invitation responsibly - hope to see you there!

Please visit this poll to select the DAY and LOCATION which you find most convenient for staging our ongoing spirited tours into the Hill Country.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
5.47 Sunday Morning | Stone Oak and Huebner

Church of the Three Sisters is an at-will drive open to all makes and models of sportscars.

Our route features many twisted roads and elevation changes with a few nice deserted straights for good measure. Although this is a technically challenging circuit, there's absolutely no pressure for anyone to drive faster than they're comfortable - we'll wait for the entire group at each waypoint before moving onward. It's a gorgeous drive at any speed.

Maps will be distributed before our departure Sunday morning. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Matt,

I was one of the odd balls who voted for a location that noone else voted for. If you should ever be so inclined to reset it, I'd go with Helotes. Since I live in BFE it's 6 of one and half dozen the other. I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I plan on being there.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...they didn't much exist here either before this year...

...after i bought my elise, i found myself wishing for three basic outlets to enjoy her: locally-based spirited drives, periodic cruise-ins, and an annual exotic festival...so, i organised our local lotus club, founded the first outlet, and am working on the other two...

...sometimes the best way to get what you want is to simply take the initiative and create it, i think...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
By the way Tony, I do plan to make it to a LOONY event some time. It's just that Buffalo is a bit of a hike and my schedule has been hectic to say the least

1 - 10 of 10 Posts