The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone up for a drive first thing tomorrow morning?

I drove the Three Sisters with the San Antonio Z group last month, and it's a glorious run. I loathe mornings, but this is really worth waking up early for.

I'll be in front of Gold's Gym at 1604 and Bandera 6.28 AM tomorrow morning, and will leave promptly at 6.48 AM. Civil dawn departure is essential to beat the heat, literally and figuratively. Look for a titanium Elise if you'd like to join me!

Since this is an impromptu run without any advance planning, unless someone volunteers to fly lead with a radar detector, the drive may be slightly conservative. Feel free to pass along this invitation responsibly.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...reporting in...

...i ended up flying solo this morning, not unexpected due to the short notice, but i think i'm going to make this a regular monthly engagement with a bit more advance notice in the future...

...it's a very nice route, 260 miles and about four and a half hours driving conservatively, twisty with plenty of elevation changes, perfect for taking the lotus out the way it was meant to be driven...leaving at civil dawn (six degrees before sunrise) offered good visibility with nothing but running lights, and kept pleasantly cool and starkly empty roads nearly the entire way - it only started heating up and i only encountered other traffic on the return leg...
:shift:...keep your eyes open for next month's church of the three sisters!..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I had my alarm set, but must have went back to sleep. I remember nothing. Hopefully, I will be able to make this drive next time. I ended up making my own drive today going out towards Gruene. What a perfect day.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ended up making my own drive today going out towards Gruene. What a perfect day.
...great way to cap off the summre - next, kicking off autumn with the all-lotus track day...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Heya guys;

if you don't mind having a dumbass redneck tag along, i'd love to join you sometime. I sorta grew up in Comfort and it is a great place to drive. We really should have some sort of police transponder detector. I will probably not make the track day. Please add me to buddy list,or I'll Pm phone# or something. I'm pretty much all alone here in Pleasanton

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you don't mind having a dumbass redneck tag along, i'd love to join you sometime. I'm pretty much all alone here in Pleasanton
...you're more than welcomed to join us anytime - i did a project down in pleasanton last year; it's not that far away!..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've consolidated Church of the Three Sisters discussion into a single thread here, to segregate actual event announcements within the Meets and Events forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts