The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A heads up for peeps in San Diego :

I've taken the road to and from work every day since the 56 opened. Every time (twice a day, 5-6 days a week), I see someone pulled over for speeding (and one woman who was pulled over for making a U-Turn over the centre divider). So, be careful :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I saw a cop last week looking very suspicious on Rt. 42 just north of Beaver Lick, KY - public service announcement :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
There's also some bloke up at Palomar dumping oil in the roads on blind corners following long straights... Enough to kill a biker or two, and send a high performance car spinning. CHP and CalTrans are aware and investigating.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
No kidding. I suppose I wouldn't like what people do up there as a resident, but that's not the way to handle it. Last time I was there, a mountain man threatened me to take my fun elsewhere. Guess he saw the shiny car and me inspecting the brakes/tires and assumed the worst. They seem to be complaining about a nominal tax increase to fund their fire department.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Here's the best part - it's really only about 20 mile from here and REAL close to Big Bone Lick - see below:

Big Beaver Lick, KY - Big Beaver Lick Within a few miles of Big Bone Lick is Big Beaver Lick. Each is essentially a crossroad with a sign. ...
www.roadsideamerica.com/ roger/QueryTips.php3?tip_State=KY - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

WHO KNEW???????????????

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Funny you should mention it - here's a quote from www.roadsideamerica.com/ about Big Bone Lick and their T shirts - make a nice drive - come on up and I'll show you around - note that Big Bone Lick is also pretty close to Sugartit.

"Big Bone Lick, KY - Big Bone Lick State Park
The Kentucky State Park system is sitting on a gold mine. Just south of Cincinnati, they have a park called Big Bone Lick State Park. Unfortunately, they have too much dignity to fully exploit the money-making potential of this place. Imagine the frat boys who would come from miles around to buy "Big Bone Lick" t-shirts if they were properly designed.
They have t-shirts, buttons, and all sorts of stuff at Big Bone Lick, but they are G-rated, and it is mostly a family-friendly place, with space for picnics and recreation, and exhibits on natural history. "Big Bone Lick" got its name because since the Ice Age, animals have come here to lick the salt deposits in the soil. Kentucky settlers found their bones in the river bottom. The park keeps a living buffalo herd in honor of the generations of bison who have visited this place.

Big Bone Lick is surrounded by other places with sick names. It's just a short drive to the Beaver Lick General Store, a standard gas station and quick-mart, and the Rabbit Hash general store, a cute old-fashioned place that caters to tourists. Our map showed a place called "Sugartit," but we haven't found it yet. "

I'm originally from Chicago area and living down here is a real trip!

:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts