The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped by Symbolic's showroom again today and saw a metallic purple Elise there. It had the hardtop on. It actually looked quite nice in the bright sun. Very sparkly. I was told it looks near black at night. A few weeks ago, I saw the yellow one there.

However, the colors I would really like to see in person are Ardent Red, Magnetic Blue and Bordeaux Red.

Given the number of obsessive Elise enthusiasts in San Diego, it seems like we should be able to keep track of what colors have arrived at the dealer so that we can then go see those colors of interest to each of us. So, I am hoping that the newest arrivals to the showroom can be quickly posted to this thread. (The color chart and photos on the computer just aren't as good as seeing it in person.)

And, of course, once a sufficient number of San Diegans have received their Elises, a little get together to show off all the colors on a nice sunny day would be good.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Two questions:

Is there anyone on Elistalk (other than Randy) with Symbolic list number less than 30?

Has anyone (other than Randy) taken delivery from Symbolic?

I've heard rumor that Symbolic is getting a ton of cars, twice most dealers, and none are going to list holders. Word?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Is there anyone on Elistalk (other than Randy) with Symbolic list number less than 30?
I'm under 30 on the list and expect my car in late Sept/early Oct.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm 27th on the Symbolic LA list, don't know when my car arrives but continue to hope it's within the next few months.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Under 30 on BH list. Was told in early August that mine was already being built. I project that it could arrive late September/early October but afraid to ask if it's on the water yet. Saffron Yellow, with hard top.

My car (w/o hard top) is sitting in Silver Star's showroom. I love looking at it, but it's also killing me. But it did convince me that I can live with the StarShield seams on yellow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Symbolic

I'm a little behind here but is La Jolla providing LA customers with their cars? Would that account for the volume being reported?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Re: Symbolic

DADZTOY said:
I'm a little behind here but is La Jolla providing LA customers with their cars?
Yes. Symbolic has two allocation lists, but only one dealership. They tell me they will be reopening somewhere in LA soon, but rumors suggest that Galpin may have purchased their franchise.

I could probably ask to have my car shipped to Silver Star in Thousand Oaks, but I would prefer to drive it home from La Jolla and put some miles on. Plus, I don't want to risk delay by asking for a change in delivery. Or find out that my car was sold off as an "extra" due to some "mistake".

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know what colors at Symbolic now (besides the purple one that just won't sell)?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
There were red, silver, and yellow ones last week. Might be gone now.

We just need to have an ET meet in SoCal sometimes soon so you can see some colors. :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
There were red, silver, and yellow ones last week. Might be gone now.

We just need to have an ET meet in SoCal sometimes soon so you can see some colors. :D
Yes, I agree. Seems like we have less get togethers in So Cal than other's do in other parts of the country. Maybe cause So Cal is so big....maybe cause everyone's too busy.....I don't know.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Modern Wedgie said:
A meet would be great, but I would just have to get over my embarassement about showing up in a 92 Honda Accord. At least I have the Elisetalk license plate frame. Maybe I could drive my Jadi model.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I showed up, more than once, in my 81 datsun. No need to be embarassed by an accord, its reliable transportation ;)

We're talking about doing something on Dec. 4th, possible karting, possibly autoX? Nothing definite yet.

And we've had a lot of SoCal events, you guys just chose not to go to any of them ;)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Modern Wedgie said:
And we've had a lot of SoCal events, you guys just chose not to go to any of them ;)
True, but my lame excuse is that my wife plans our weekends, leaving me with few free. Hopefully I will have a free day next time.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
I showed up, more than once, in my 81 datsun. No need to be embarassed by an accord, its reliable transportation ;)

We're talking about doing something on Dec. 4th, possible karting, possibly autoX? Nothing definite yet.

Then let's make Dec 4 a definite 'something' or else it may not happen. I have it free as of now and would love to meet you all and do something "fast and furious". If not, it may just end up being another concert dressed in a monkey suit for me. :(

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
We have the potential to have meets every weekend, if not for our regular lives! I would show up in my '94 Honda Accord if it were not for the vast majority of meets occuring over the weekend. No shame! Keeping mine till it breaks which may be...never? :cool:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a daughter who will get her driving permit in a year. She will get the Honda. It has 175,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I could only dream that the Elise will be so reliable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts