The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife is almost done with her 911 dispatcher academy... 2 weeks left and its been hell. We are going to head down to SD for the weekend. We are leaving Sac Friday evening, and leaving SD on Monday. Staying at a hotel in down town SD..

So, other then the beach... What else can we do in SD? I will have my daughter with me, as well as another couple with a child.. I guess the activities have to be group/child friendly :up:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and why is there an eBay search field in the LT web site header?? :huh:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome!!!

Balboa Park Museums and IMAX Theater! Maybe catch a Padres Game - the Stadium is beautiful! La Jolla Shores and the Cove...Birch Aquarium...

Hope you enjoy San Diego, It's beautiful here!!!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
zoo, wild animal park, legoland, sea world, that downtown tourist little sea village town thing, seal watching and beach walking in la jolla, throw the kid in the water in la jolla cove... a gaslamp dinner and walk.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Take the Old Town Trolley for a tour if you have not been here before. It stops at some neat places. If not:

Go across the bridge to Coronado Island. Head over to the Hotel Del and have lunch there.

Go to Point Loma. If you like fresh seafood, stop at Point Loma Seafoods. I highly recommend the crab sandwich on fresh sourdough. Drive through Fort Rosecrans and pay respects at one of the most awesome places. Go to the Point Loma Lighthouse. Take the kids to see the tide pools.

Drive to La Jolla. Stop at Mount Soledad to see the view. To your east is Top Gun's Fightertown USA and the "Rockets to Heaven" cathedral. To the west is the ocean. Drive to the La Jolla Cove. Park. Eat at Pannikin. Walk around the cove and down to Children's pool to see the sea lions.

Slightly north is Torrey Pines and the glider port at the top is amazing when they are flying. Cool hikes here at Torrey Pines State Park.

Balboa Park. The Space Theaters. IMAX. Eat here at The Prado. Good food.

Zoo.

Sea World.

Legoland.

Check out the cars racing at Qualcomm Stadium. I will be there Saturday morning. I can even give a ride in the Noble. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Like I said :)

Take the Old Town Trolley for a tour if you have not been here before. It stops at some neat places. If not:

Go across the bridge to Coronado Island. Head over to the Hotel Del and have lunch there.

Go to Point Loma. If you like fresh seafood, stop at Point Loma Seafoods. I highly recommend the crab sandwich on fresh sourdough. Drive through Fort Rosecrans and pay respects at one of the most awesome places. Go to the Point Loma Lighthouse. Take the kids to see the tide pools.

Drive to La Jolla. Stop at Mount Soledad to see the view. To your east is Top Gun's Fightertown USA and the "Rockets to Heaven" cathedral. To the west is the ocean. Drive to the La Jolla Cove. Park. Eat at Pannikin. Walk around the cove and down to Children's pool to see the sea lions.

Slightly north is Torrey Pines and the glider port at the top is amazing when they are flying. Cool hikes here at Torrey Pines State Park.

Zoo.

Sea World.

Legoland.

Check out the cars racing at Qualcomm Stadium. I will be there Saturday morning. I can even give a ride in the Noble. :)
Chase Cam Tours, LLC! :clap:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Zoo.

Sea World.

Legoland.

Randy,

Maybe you should come give us a tour? ;)

We staying in downtown at the Sheraton hotel. So far things have been good. Mostly swimming and resting the first day

You know, that would be very generous of you to offer me a ride in the Noble.. But I think the rest of the people with me will be jealous.. SO.. Rides for everyone? :) Ill buy gas ;)

Alex

·
Registered
26 Posts

Zoo.

Sea World.

Legoland.

This is super helpful Randy. I just moved to SD not too long ago from Boston, so this is perfect. Now, what's this car racing at Qualcomm stadium? I'm intrigued...

Paul

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Come by Qualcomm on August 30th.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
No. We have the west lot to run autocrossing on and I will be running my car there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If your in town this weekend, Weekend Drive, Also not too far from some nice race tracks. Other then that nothing else to do in SD.. ;) :D:D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts