The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... thinking of making a bit of move. I have been central and east for many years now, in the La Mesa and Del Cerro (across from SDSU) areas. Before that I used to be on the beach in Imperial Beach.

I am thinking of Fairbanks Ranch, Rancho Santa Fe, Olivenheim, Encinitas and possibly Solana Beach, Del Mar. Many of those areas are really out of my price range, but I could stretch and do something in the lower ranges of Fairbanks Ranch or Rancho Santa Fe.

Mainly interested in a larger home and a garagemajal. Many of the homes in Olivenheim are only large lots and allow outbuildings.

Maybe a longshot, but anyone else living in these areas? Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
you should talk to our very own paul hastings....

·
Registered
381 Posts
:bow:Check out this BEAUTY...Encinitas, CA...Plus! There appears to be PLENTY of room on its LARGE lot to build a GarageMahal :bow:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
+1

I need a larger GarageMahal too... let me know if you find anything interesting Randy...
...i'll take your leftovers :)

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
If there is any way you could get into RSF that is the creme de la creme of places to live in SD in my opinion. I live a little bit east of there now - the roads through there are really fun to drive too! Solana Beach would be a close second. I've seen multi-car dwellings in both areas. You probably already know it's best to stay away from any HOA as you will have a lot more flexibilty with a garage/outbuilding/work area without one.

I recently purchased a lift. It is a great purchase; i never imagined how much I would be using it - def. recommend for wherever you end up choosing....

·
Registered
56 Posts
...I would look at either Olivenheim or Poway if you don't mind the heat. In Olivenheim there are lots of nice garages (or stables), same goes with poway.
And leaving in both areas are nice and ok, as compared to Rancho Santa Fe or other snobby places that often attracts mostly a**holes with bling to show off. I would stick to somewhere with nice people in case your house catches on fire, your neighbors would call the fire department rather then wait to let it burn down, and if its crosses into their acreage then, they would yell to their butler for the number for 911. :popcorn:

Although since you got real nice toys in need of nice roads, Julian or somewhere up in Palomar w/o any people be nice too.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If there is any way you could get into RSF that is the creme de la creme of places to live in SD in my opinion. I live a little bit east of there now - the roads through there are really fun to drive too! Solana Beach would be a close second. I've seen multi-car dwellings in both areas. You probably already know it's best to stay away from any HOA as you will have a lot more flexibilty with a garage/outbuilding/work area without one.

I recently purchased a lift. It is a great purchase; i never imagined how much I would be using it - def. recommend for wherever you end up choosing....
True. I considered Santa Luz but the HOA restrictions are nuts so that rules it out. I want to buy a lift right now, but because of the home change... I put it on hold. Right now the Noble is up on jack stands as we change out the shocks and springs.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the feel of Olivenheim a lot. More understated money with a rural feel, kinda like parts of Poway too.

I was hoping to be closer to the ocean than Poway (or Julian) and I do like it where it is cooler. Otherwise Ramona and surrounding areas may make a lot of sense too. Or Mount Helix area.

The trade off is cost vs closeness to the ocean. But I have seen some places in Encinitas and Solana Beach that seemed like a good value. Some within a block of the ocean. Just hard to find a place with massive garage space and under $1.5m.

...I would look at either Olivenheim or Poway if you don't mind the heat. In Olivenheim there are lots of nice garages (or stables), same goes with poway.
And leaving in both areas are nice and ok, as compared to Rancho Santa Fe or other snobby places that often attracts mostly a**holes with bling to show off. I would stick to somewhere with nice people in case your house catches on fire, your neighbors would call the fire department rather then wait to let it burn down, and if its crosses into their acreage then, they would yell to their butler for the number for 911. :popcorn:

Although since you got real nice toys in need of nice roads, Julian or somewhere up in Palomar w/o any people be nice too.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I like the feel of Olivenheim a lot. More understated money with a rural feel, kinda like parts of Poway too.

I was hoping to be closer to the ocean than Poway (or Julian) and I do like it where it is cooler. Otherwise Ramona and surrounding areas may make a lot of sense too. Or Mount Helix area.

The trade off is cost vs closeness to the ocean. But I have seen some places in Encinitas and Solana Beach that seemed like a good value. Some within a block of the ocean. Just hard to find a place with massive garage space and under $1.5m.
That's why I like Poway also... as far as temperature goes, it really makes a difference whether you're in a valley or on a ridge or hill. My house is on a hill, so it tends to be 10 degrees cooler than the lower lying areas (really, no kidding), unfortunately the steepness of most of my property makes it impractical to add outbuildings...

·
Registered
419 Posts
2nd poway. although I live in the "poor" part of poway near scripps ranch, there are many places with large lots and plenty of room for a garagemahall!.

it does get hot, but like the previous poster said, if you are up on a ridge it is much cooler.

poway aint that far from the ocean anyways. We can be to del mar down the 56 in a good 20 minutes from scripps poway pkwy & pomerado

But RSF is definitely a step up from poway

·
Registered
56 Posts
ya, temp varies in poway. nice cool place is off midland, couple of guys with nice collections of 50 muscle cars live there next to the german mechanic shop whom knows quite a lot about the elise. Or if you could do with 3 car garage, nice homes off sabre spring on top of the hill.

..in regards to point loma, it will only gets worse as they will try to have more planes fly and land near by. No plans for another airport for the city so all (majority) of the air traffic will be heading on top of that are for while.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts