The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to San Diego and would like recommendations for any local service shops that can be trusted for alignments, tire changes, engine troubleshooting etc. Not including Symbolic. Near 32nd Street Naval Station or Chula Vista would be a huge bonus.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
For tire installation and alignments, Performance Tire on Miramar Road is pretty good. They seem to be good about mounting tires without scratching the rims, and do a good job balancing. I buy my tires online from Tire Rack or similar places.

They did my alignment, and seemed to do a good job. However, make sure that they use the alighnment values from the owner's manual (or service manual). The values they have in their computer were wrong, and I had to make them redo it.

For other maintenance, diagnosis and repair, I just do it myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm new to the area too..."Prestons Tire and Wheel" in La Mesa did a great job with the removal/install of my new tires. All work done with hand jacks and no scratches on my powder coated LSS. I saw plenty of higher end cars there as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, I have nothing against Symbolic, just looking for something a bit closer to where I live in Chula Vista. 64 miles round trip makes it difficult for the wife to pick me up/drop me off if I'm having work done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm yet another new guy to the area. I'm located up in Temecula, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on service centers up that way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, here's a story for ya... I went to a local Smog Check place to get the car registered in CA. I start filling out the paperwork and the lady says "hmmm, we don't seem to have any Lotus information. Let me get the supervisor." He comes out to the car starts poking around and then tries to yank off some wires, not by the clip, but by pulling on the wires themselves. I yelled at him to stop, asked if he knew what he was pulling on to which he said "no". I buttoned it up, called Lee at Symbolic and he gave me the name of a smog check place up by them. In and out in 15 minutes, smog passed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts