The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for body shop recommendations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Preferably on the Pennisula...and it would be really nice if there’s a good one in the San Mateo/San Carlos area.

I recently got rear ended in my lotus Elise and need to get my rear clam fixed. I’m not sure if the clam will be repaired or replaced. The cracks are so-so, but the kicker is that the clam along the entire rear deck has separated as shown in the below picture (yellow oval area). I think what saved the clam from completely separating at along the entire seem from wheel to wheel (where the two halves of the clam are bonded) is the modification I made to it a while back. I had the fins next to the rear tail lights filled along with the rear quarter panel seems because I really liked the clean look of the Exige’s rear end. Unfortunately, the body shop where I had this work done 10 years ago closed as the owner retired.

Anyhow, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
Talk to Jon at TrackSpec. Of if you want to bring her down to SoCal, we can easily take care of it. We've had 5 Elises in here in the last 2 months getting clam damage repaired plus a 211...

·
Registered
740 Posts
These guys have done a lot of Elises, based in Mountain View. They used to be in the same business park as the best Elise shop in the area (Suspension Performance), so they got a lot of the Elise business.

Give them a call and see if they still work on Elises, but last time I was there, I saw clams in various states of repair.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have also used United Collision for a minor crack. The resulting repair was without fault, but they initially gave me an unreasonable estimate that I had to haggle down. I'd still recommend giving them a try. I'd also recommended getting estimates from at least two different shops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts