The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the neighborhood so I went to the SF Motor Show today. Compared to shows I've been to before (mainly the London Car Show) it was a pretty small affair.

There were a couple of Evoras on show, one GTE and one normal. They were getting a reasonable amount of attention by people passing by, with lots of them taking photos.

I bought a Lotus flag!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1353899183.803503.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1353899195.269142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Jon - The SF show is a "dealer" show. Basically it's up to the local dealers to buy the booth space and work the floor. There are really only 2 public shows in the US that most manufacturers participate in, the LA Auto Show (starts later this week) and the Detroit (North American) Show. SEMA is another manufacturer show, but it is for the trade only.

In the case of the SF Show one of the show's anchors is SF BMC. The Kjell Qvale helped to start the SF Show, so you can pretty much count on anything in their showroom to show at the SF Show.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon - The SF show is a "dealer" show. Basically it's up to the local dealers to buy the booth space and work the floor.
I got that impression.

There wasn't much you couldn't see at a typical auto mall. Well, that's not quite fair, there were some old Ferraris, a collection of cars from SF Academy of Art's collection, an Aston Martin DB3, and the collection from BMC. There was also a section showing (generally silly) modded cars.

I thought there would be a lot more after-market sellers. There was only 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts