The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just spent labor day weekend with Kevin at NCI doing what was supposed to be a pretty straightforward install of a bunch of different parts. Turns out everything that could gone wrong did, and then they got worse.

It was ridiculous and I felt so bad for Kevin.

Stainless brake lines didn't seat properly in calipers, weeping oil. Thermostat swap was an exercise in contortionism, especially if you have a supercharger. BSP fittings are crap, leaked oil.

I ordered the oil cooler relocation "kit" from BOE. They haven't fabbed up kits yet, so we were going into it knowing we had to fab up some brackets. But they provided a nice assembly of hoses and whatnot so it was looking good. But then we got the stock oil lines off at the sandwich plate and went to attach the new lines and turned the car on --- the car started losing oil. A giant puddle after about 3minutes. It was crazy. We tightened the fittings as much as we could and it kept leaking. So we cut off the fittings and put new ones on. They fared better, but it was still leaking.

Now I am in the process of finding an aftermarket sandwich plate without the bullsh it BSP fittings. Looking for a sandwich plate that has a thermostat built in that has -10AN fittings on it. This way we can just eliminate the problem altogether. Problem is I can't find the specs for the bolt that holds the sandwich plate into the block. Anyone know if it is 3/4x16UNF or M20x1.5?

I am looking at the Greddy piece: GReddy Oil Cooler Adaptor W/Thermostat 12401123

Help, please, anyone.

·
Registered
846 Posts
its 3/4-16...
Check mocal for the adapters, they're the oem of the stock unit.
BAT - MOCAL Oil Control Systems

BTW, the BSP fittings on the sandwich are straight thread not tapered, they must be used with a port style fitting that always has a crush washer on it.

You can also get adapters to go from BSP port (sandwich plate) to -10 and go from there.
I see you're in Seattle, PM me and I can call you if you like.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,038 Posts
Is removal fo the sandwich plate necessary when swapping out new oil cooler lines and fittings?
"Robains" has a great thread about the mocal_ BAT sandwich plate and his solution: I think it's called "And let the conversion from street to race begin.."

-Robert

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is removal fo the sandwich plate necessary when swapping out new oil cooler lines and fittings?
"Robains" has a great thread about the mocal_ BAT sandwich plate and his solution: I think it's called "And let the conversion from street to race begin.."

-Robert
Probably not, but it's so easy why not do the fittings on the bench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts