The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My elise has 60 miles on it. I decided I dont like the car. It's for sale in Sarasota FL. You can call between noon and 10pm EST 941-773-7833. If you're local, the car may be driven within reason. Obviously in new shape. :)

I cant recall the packages I bought for the car but it is the luxury and the best you can get, color is that ardent red? (Non-metallic red, the bright ferrari red color).

If no takers here, off to eBay we go! :)

(Reason I didnt like the car is I'm just big enough to make it a pain in the ass to get out of, and it's underpowered for me, I'm a Lamborghini guy).

Price is $7500 over sticker.

-Ben

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
There is a place for cars for sale.

without pictures and options descriptions, you'll have a hard time selling it in here.

BTW dealers have brand new cars available for between 2.5K-5K over sticker. Not many but they are available.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
i want one.
but i am not allowed to pay over sticker.
doctor's orders.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take some pictures later if it gets to the eBay level or once someone interested in buying requests them. The car was just delivered yesterday, still untitled as well.

Regarding the over sticker, supply is extremely limited, and if you want this color and the options that this car has, and you can get it cheaper, by all means do it.

I remember selling a Prowler I bought for $50k ($7k over sticker) -- it sold for $63,500 on eBay.

Supply, and darn good demand.

-Ben

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi! My name is Flipper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cantwaitforelise said:
The worse thing about this is that you lied about why you got the car. Why didn't you just say you bought it to try to make some money on it.
Who do you think you are assuming you know why I bought the car? I bought it because I thought it'd be fun for the money and I'd drive it as I do most cars for 6 or 8 months then sell it. When it was delivered, I didnt like the way I fit in it, and I didnt like the way it drove. Its not a car I see myself driving even for just fun trips to get ice cream. After I put my deposit on the Lotus, about 2 months later, I bought a Lamborghini Diablo 6.0. I'd rather drive THAT car for fun.

The fact that the car is now sold pending deposit and the fact that I did make some money on it doesn't mean that I bough it for that reason. You're a foolish and rude person for even making that post and it was completely uncalled for. I'd hope you have enough sense not to make a fool out of yourself in a public forum much more.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
my arent we touchy??
i suggest u take a look what those cars are actually going for on ebay...
i can tell u that some of them on there have been relisted a few times...
not saying u wont get money out of it, but its getting harder and harder to get more than a few grand over...

·
Registered
252 Posts
bentasm1 said:
Who do you think you are assuming you know why I bought the car? I bought it because I thought it'd be fun for the money and I'd drive it as I do most cars for 6 or 8 months then sell it. When it was delivered, I didnt like the way I fit in it, and I didnt like the way it drove. Its not a car I see myself driving even for just fun trips to get ice cream. After I put my deposit on the Lotus, about 2 months later, I bought a Lamborghini Diablo 6.0. I'd rather drive THAT car for fun.

The fact that the car is now sold pending deposit and the fact that I did make some money on it doesn't mean that I bough it for that reason. You're a foolish and rude person for even making that post and it was completely uncalled for. I'd hope you have enough sense not to make a fool out of yourself in a public forum much more.

Sorry to make you so mad but that's what I got out of your first two posts on this thread and apparently I was not the only one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Also, if the car is in your hands and untitled, doesn't that make you a dealer? I thought that was the only way you could own a car but not have it titled.

·
Registered
389 Posts
bentasm1 said:
Its not a car I see myself driving even for just fun trips to get ice cream.
If you can't fit in the Elise right now, maybe trips to get ice cream are a bad idea.... :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts